Questions on buying 6.4... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions on buying 6.4...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board and would appreciate your thoughts. I have done some searching and have found some answers to some of my questions, but would like some more advise.

I am looking to upgrade to a heavier duty service truck (currently own a rusted out '76 GMC 3/4 ton). Looking for a dually either bareback or with a flatbed. Will be carrying a fuel tank and some tools. Some towing but not a lot. I've looked at a couple of '08 and '09 F450's with the 6.4. One had a new motor, the other had about 65,000 miles. Both were priced in the mid $20's.

Anyway, what does it cost to do the mods to make this motor more reliable? It sounds like getting rid of the emissions stuff also gets rid of a lot of trouble spots. Any other mods that should be done? I am not looking to boost the power, mostly interested in reliability.

I hear you have to take the cab off the truck to work on the engine. What kinds of repairs require you to do this?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to dusted4eva
Here's a bump for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.