NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT

Hey there fellas!

Just got some new shoes for the black beauty to go along with the new house in the background! Thought I'd share some pics.

My original plan was to run 37" 12.5 R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers with the Icon Stage 2 kit, but I couldn't afford the $4K cost after buying my house. I'm still really happy with my purchase.

Just so you know, no rubbing issues, STOCK HEIGHT, STOCK SUSUPENSION, STOCK EVERYTHING. No death wobble either. (Death wobble was a big concern for me).

Purchases for the near future: Dual steering stablizer, Icon Adjustable track bar, Bilstein 5100 or Icon Monotube shock replacing factory (all 4), and progressive coils (if I plan to stay with 35's).

If I get tired of the stock height by the time my 35's run out, I'm moving back to my original plan--hopefully I will be able to afford it by then. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT-photo.jpg   NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT-photo_2.jpg   NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT-photo_3.jpg   NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT-truck-house-1.jpg   NEW TIRES--STOCK HEIGHT--35" 12.5 R20 TOYO MT-truck-house.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonw2 View Post
Hey there fellas!

Just got some new shoes for the black beauty to go along with the new house in the background! Thought I'd share some pics.

My original plan was to run 37" 12.5 R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers with the Icon Stage 2 kit, but I couldn't afford the $4K cost after buying my house. I'm still really happy with my purchase.

Just so you know, no rubbing issues, STOCK HEIGHT, STOCK SUSUPENSION, STOCK EVERYTHING. No death wobble either. (Death wobble was a big concern for me).

Purchases for the near future: Dual steering stablizer, Icon Adjustable track bar, Bilstein 5100 or Icon Monotube shock replacing factory (all 4), and progressive coils (if I plan to stay with 35's).

If I get tired of the stock height by the time my 35's run out, I'm moving back to my original plan--hopefully I will be able to afford it by then. Enjoy!
Oh and BTW, Tires cost me $1478.24 before taxes (this included mounting, balancing, aligning, and warranty), and $1603.21 after taxes.

Truck is a 2010 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat. I took the FX4 stickers off when i bought her. Tuned since $25K miles, currently about 35K miles on her. Feel free to ask any questions!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Premium Member

Looks good..

I thought I had you sold on the 37's !!! anyways.. as long as you're happy with it.. thats all that matters.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
Looks good..

I thought I had you sold on the 37's !!! anyways.. as long as you're happy with it.. thats all that matters.
Sh@t man u sure did!!! Couldn't afford it and couldn't wait long enough with those stock crap tires. Not as nice as yours but it will do for now. Gotta put a roof over my head before I get everything I want for the truck. Thanks for the comment brother.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
Looks good..

In your sig it says you have a 3.5 leveling kit. Where did you get that at?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:37 AM

LOOKS GOOD, i ran mine just like that for over a year........ congrats on the house.....
Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
In your sig it says you have a 3.5 leveling kit. Where did you get that at?
Ready Lift makes one of our trucks..

ReadyLift SST Lift

I found one on ebay for about $650
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Congrats on the new pad, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Those are stock Ford 20x8 wheels, right?

(Cue the broken record...)

You do NOT put 12.5 tires on a stock (8 inch wide) wheel. They are NOT the proper size, period. It doesn't matter how many people do it, that doesn't mean they're the right fit...sorry.

Just about every tire manufacturer has a "recommended rim/wheel width" specification on their website, and I couldn't fit a single one that recommended a 12.5 inch tire for an 8 inch rim.

Here's Toyo's spec sheet on those tires:

OPEN COUNTRY M/T| Mud-Terrain Tire for Pickups and SUVs | Toyo Tires

The MINIMUM recommended width is 8.5 inches, 10 inch ideal, 11 inch maximum.

Why does it matter? You may get it to "fit" (as obviously a whole lot of people have) and it may look right, but you don't need to be a tire engineer to figure out you're putting a whole lot of sidewall stress on the tire by fitting it on a wheel that's too narrow. And if you tow you could be asking for all sorts of trouble.

Personally, that's definitely trouble I don't want or need, and although it seems a whole lot of tire shops don't seem to mind that they're fitting the wrong size tire on a rim they sure would care if there was a catastrophic malfunction/failure followed by a wreck...or worse...

That's when the "I read it was OK to do it on the internet" excuse would fall real short in a court, etc.

I've seen this happen time and time again and it kills me that someone drops that kind of coin (close to $1500) and someone at Tire Rack, Discount Tire, etc., didn't take the time to make sure they were the proper fit for the application to begin with.

Sorry...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It could be don't but I don't recommend I've done it my tire guy yelled at me haha. Watch going around corners it will handle like crap

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey just curious how your mileage has changed, Im assuming it dropped, and what did you have on there before. I got Dick Cepek Radials now, Id like something better for the road, but still has an aggressive look to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.