Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Suspension help

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  metro7100 
#1 ·
As you all should know by now, I am buying a new 2008 F250 diesel. In deciding equipment and mods, I am relying quite a bit on the info I gleam from this forum.

My newest question concerns raising my suspension by about 4 inches. What exactly do I need. I see dual shocks, frame cradles, dropped pitman arms, etc. Can you forum members please advice as to what has worked and has not worked. Money is a factor, but functionality and safety are more important than cost. I will spend the extra dollars to have a safe vehicle.

Thanks
George
A 66 year old newbie.

#2 ·
Just look at complete kits they usually have everything you'll need. Generally speaking you'll need a track bar drop bracket, pitman arm, new front springs and radius arm drop brackets, replacement radius arms or 4 link depending on what you want for the front. Also steering stabilizer isn't a bad idea although my factory one did decent job on it's own. You'll want a carrier bearing drop kit if you have a two piece drive shaft. Blocks or add a leafs for the rear and you'll need new shocks all around. Dual shocks really aren't necessary unless you want them for looks. Front brake lines shouldn't be an issue with the 4" lift up front, I had to put in extensions for an 8" lift as they changed them around from the '05s that had a bit more give in them.

I know the Fabtech kit I went with was very complete all I had to add was the dual stabilizers otherwise everything was included.

Bill

#4 ·
I just installed a SkyJacker 4" lift on my 08 Crew shortbed. The kit came with everything needed for me to lift it. Afterwards I took it to the Dealer for an alignment and had several comments on how nice the lift was from the suspension tech's. This kit came with all the brackets needed, extended brake lines (didn't need them), pitman arm, steering stabalizer, and four shocks. I have had the lift on for a while now and haven't had any problems, rides like it did stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.