mileage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mileage

I have a 2008,f350 crew cab/6,4L,4X4.with 29,000 miles,dpf comes on before or around 100 miles,ford says this is normal,ok so how do I improve my milage, I seem to be getting 7 0r 8 miles around town,I have a fifth wheel trailer 28 foot and would like to get more mileage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 PM

In town, 12 to 15, are you stock? Are you updated?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mileage

I'm stock nothing changed since I bought it,still have dpf on
Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Until you Delete you may just have to deal. I have a bone stock 2010 2WD and am averaging hand calculated 14.3 mpg and the majority of my driving is city.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mileage

I'm going to delete,h&s tuner,don't know if I should just due delete pipe or from down pipe back,with their muffler
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 AM

Same here,I am going with Mini Max and DPF/Cat Delete pipe. I will have to put it back to stock every 2 years for CA. Smog test. So it all depends on your states emissions testing and how much work you have to do to pass (stock). Just got my registration in the mail 352.00 a year for tags which sucks (152+200 for weight) CA rip off. But cheaper than original owner= 582.00
Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm going to talk to the guy's at alligator,to see which is the best way for me to go but thinking down pipe back,w/h&s tuner,will call them on tuesday,not to sticky on emmissions as ca, but only once a year,so if I have to put it back,oh well it's only for one day,tags cost me maybe 250 or so not to sure but thats for two years.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:17 PM

magnum...when you say the dpf comes on every 100 miles or so.....are you meaning "regen"...does your message board tell you you
are regening?....if so your truck hasn't had the latest reflash of the pcm...you prolly should get the reflash before you start to delete dpf and stuff. with the latest flash your message board doesn't tell you that it is regening anymore.

Last edited by muntu; 03-24-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the last time I took the truck over to ford for the problem,they hand cleaned the filter and I think it was flashed,that was about a year ago,now the message board says cleaning filter,but goes off right away,so I think it still having the same problem,also I was sent a letter from ford manufactor not dealership explanung how the dpf works and they said that was normal,don't believe them anymore,still love fords though,
Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUM351 View Post
the last time I took the truck over to ford for the problem,they hand cleaned the filter and I think it was flashed,that was about a year ago,now the message board says cleaning filter,but goes off right away,so I think it still having the same problem,also I was sent a letter from ford manufactor not dealership explanung how the dpf works and they said that was normal,don't believe them anymore,still love fords though,
you must have the most recent flash.thats what mine did and it was about six months ago. i too only got 7-8 mpg city and it was at the most 100 miles before regen.so i tuned and deleted and have not looked back!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.