Ford basically told me to stick it. Need help. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford basically told me to stick it. Need help.

2008 F-350 King Ranch 6.4. I've posted my problem before but it still exists and will forever according to ford. After long periods of steady driving ( 100 miles with cruise) and accelerate hard to pass someone, it won't go for 5-6 seconds. Then it picks up and runs great. Sometimes I get the white smoke, most times I don't. At least I don't see any. Sometimes it will miss while trying to accel from a stop. It only does this after a long,steady drive. It may be a coincidence but it seems to do it only in high humidity. I go to West Texas or New Mexico, I can't make it do it. Took it to dealer last week. Same crap. Could not duplicate, no codes. He gave me the 800 # to ford and said complain to them. Great customer service said the engineers told them it was a charachteristic of this truck and there was nothing they would do. No help. No buyback. Nothing. Didn't matter that I've had Ford trucks for 20 years. Has anybody been able to fix the no- go problem? Do I put more money into it trying to solve the problem? Will dpf/egr delete fix it? Safe to say I will never buy another ford. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by pcracer; 03-26-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcracer View Post
2008 F-350 King Ranch 6.4. I've posted my problem before but it still exists and will forever according to ford. After long periods of steady driving ( 100 miles with cruise) and accelerate hard to pass someone, it won't go for 5-6 seconds. Then it picks up and runs great. Sometimes I get the white smoke, most times I don't. At least I don't see any. Sometimes it will miss while trying to accel from a stop. It only does this after a long,steady drive. It may be a coincidence but it seems to do it only in high humidity. I go to West Texas or New Mexico, I can't make it do it. Took it to dealer last week. Same crap. Could not duplicate, no codes. He gave me the 800 # to ford and said complain to them. Great customer service said the engineers told them it was a charachteristic of this truck and there was nothing they would do. No help. No buyback. Nothing. Didn't matter that I've had Ford trucks for 20 years. Has anybody been able to fix the no- go problem? Do I put more money into it trying to solve the problem? Will dpf/egr delete fix it? Do I wait until I get run over and let my wife sue ford? Do I bite the bullet and get a lawyer and sue for a safety issue? Safe ton say I will never buy another ford. Thanks for any input.
I don't know how far you have researched this, but I had the EXACT same problem with my 08. They replaced the CAC and that seemed to fix the problem. I know there was aTSB on this several years back.
My problems were just like you described. I would get off the interstate and after coming to a stop and start going again, it would sputter and then start running fine. Trying to pass someone on the interstate was a crap shoot as to whether or not it would fall on it's face. I truly believe humidity played a part in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

x2

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM

I have done a ton of research. I had the cac changed Feb 2011 per TSB 11-2-2. Worked for 6 months then started the same thing in September. If it is a dpf caused problem I would be willing to do the delete but too many unanswered questions.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

I deleted shortly after getting the cac replaced. I can't guarantee that it will fix your problem, but I never had anymore issues.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Same here again, deleted shortly after the cac and I haven't had a problem since- with anything for that matter, compared to before.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:47 AM

I had the same issues on my 2010 last year. It would only do it on long drives and when the humidity was high. I deleted the dpf this past fall. I will be making several long trips this year so I guess time will tell. I had actually forgot about this problem until you posted about it. Will keep it in the back of my mind on the next long trip.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM

I feel for ya and all I can say is the DPF and egr seem to be the main causes of all problems! I deleted my DPF just days after my first regen for a seemingly similar problem as you are experiencing. No problems ever since. With ford throwing the screws to you I would try the delete. You can always go back to stock if the problem persists and you want to go fight with the dealer some more.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I believe Ford has a device that they will plug into your computer, and they let you keep it in your truck for a few days so it can record a problem they cant duplicate. It records everything thats going on with the truck, hopefully you can get it taken care of. Ford makes a great product, dont let a crappy service department steer you away from a great vehicle.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydirtytruck View Post
I believe Ford has a device that they will plug into your computer, and they let you keep it in your truck for a few days so it can record a problem they cant duplicate. It records everything thats going on with the truck, hopefully you can get it taken care of. Ford makes a great product, dont let a crappy service department steer you away from a great vehicle.
Actually the service manager has been alot of help. It was corporate Ford that won't stand up and do what's right. I did try to get them to hook the computer up and let me drive a couple days but they wouldn't do it. I think they all know exactly what the problem is. If they help one guy they have to help a million more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.