EGR options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR options

I currently am dpf deleted and before I knew anything about these trucks my local shop steered me in the direction of getting the edge race evolution since all I wanted was the dpf deleted and a tow tune. Looking back I wish I went with h&s. Now I want to delete my egr my question is do I have to get a new tuner since my doesn't do egr or can I just do block off plates? What are my options
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 05:15 AM

The EGR system has flow/ temp sensors that will will throw a code and CEL if you install blocker plates without a tunner that can turn off the EGR. Time to get that H&S you wanted (or check out the for sale section here, every now and then an H&S or Spartan will show up in there as people sell/ trade their trucks).
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
I currently am dpf deleted and before I knew anything about these trucks my local shop steered me in the direction of getting the edge race evolution since all I wanted was the dpf deleted and a tow tune. Looking back I wish I went with h&s. Now I want to delete my egr my question is do I have to get a new tuner since my doesn't do egr or can I just do block off plates? What are my options
Lol I did the same thing you did ....you can do the egr delete and leave the sensor you remove plugged in and tied down then you will not get a check engine light on and if you do just clear it with the edge

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
I put my edge on kijji and got good money for it ...the shop that sold it to me said it will on work on my truck and that it was lock to my vin so I called edge and they said that's BS and it will work on the dmax and 5.9 with way more HP then the 6.4 setting sold it in one day now its on a 03 dmax and all he did was plug it in and do that waver thing again .....just a thought ....when I plug in my h&s it killed my edge

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.