2010 Black CCSB XL 4x4 for $25K with 45K miles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Would you buy?
yes for 25k 4 21.05%
No because of warranty work done at 5k 0 0%
I would not buy XL to save money$$$ 6 31.58%
Yes for 23k 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 2010 Black CCSB XL 4x4 for $25K with 45K miles

What do you guys think?

Link to all pics

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/...0BLACK%20CCSB/

2010 F250 Black CCSB 4x4 with 45,000 miles

Asking $25,000

Production Date: July 14 09
3.55 final drive ratio

XL Trim with power windows and locks. Even has key less remotes. Also has snow plow pkg with has big alternator etc.

OASIS REPORT

Warranty History

Repair Date: July 7 2010
Miles on truck: 4,676
labor hours: 10.4

Customer Comments: C S that while driving could hear a air sucking noise from vents, then notice when accelerating could hear noise more and feel a loss of power, 2 hours later truck began to stall

Tech Comments: 4678 concern verified performed diesel diag and performed PPT M. Performed step 14 of hard start diag and found combustion gases in fuel system from #3 and 6 cylinders. removed both valve covers and removed 3 and 6 injectors and reseal injectors and reinstall reassemble and rechecked vehicle is operating as designed.

Couple of questions for you guys

What does all the tech stuff mean?
What happen to the 6.4?
Is this something i should be worried about and could this lead for more problems?
If the truck is clean do you think this is a good deal?
What do you guys think about the XL, doesn't seem bad to save a ton$$ it already has paintable bumpers and grill.
What do you think about replacing with better head lights, new double din, seats, wheels and tires.

Mods i would do
Wheels & Tires
Tunes
4" Down 5" & 18" 6" tip
S&B
Color match bumpers and grill
New headlights (black)
New seats
Double Din
Line-X
15% Tint
Etc.

Main thing i just want to know if the warranty history is something i should be worried about when it had 5,000 miles on it and what you guys think its worth. Also what you think about buying an XL to save a lot of money??

Last edited by MONSTER_NRG; 03-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 PM

Also this is a corporate own truck, not sure what it was used for but seems clean!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM

anyone???????
Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to White7.3stroker
Seems like its not that bad of a deal even tho it is a XL but it looks clean have you tried to talk them down anymore? Idk what these go for but seems reasonable to me!

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM

Just a few thoughts and comments I have

1)So it had some warranty work at 5k, it now has 45K. Seems to me its had 40K trouble free miles??? Maybe all the kinks are worked out and its good now. I would also think after tuning and deleting, the truck will function far better and be more reliable as long as the proper maintenance is done.

2)I havent checked prices but does $25K seem a little steep for an XL even with the lowish miles on it? Well I checked autotrader and didnt find a single truck like yours for under $30...So maybe it is a good deal.

3)Id say you have some good mods in mind to upgrade the XL trim and make it less "Work truck" and more comfortable daily driver. I think all that are listed are good add ons with half of them being things you can install yourself to save cash.

4)From what I have seen on here, the majority of issues came on vehicles that were very early 08s. The 9s and 10s I believe have been improved to function much better, but that doesnt mean issues might not happen.

5)I like that this truck is black. Black is a great looking color to work with, in my opinion tied with one other color, red.

These are all just my thoughts and opinions, every person that looks at this will prolly have way different views. Hopefully they all speak up so you can have some insight on what others think rather than having to pull the trigger with out any addition knowledge.....
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White7.3stroker View Post
Seems like its not that bad of a deal even tho it is a XL but it looks clean have you tried to talk them down anymore? Idk what these go for but seems reasonable to me!

Sent from my DROID X2
Not really yet, i sent them an email asking for more pics and video. Also a lot of questions.

They said they are motivated to sell to I'm guessing maybe 23k

After i get my info i will offer 21k and take it from there.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoojr View Post
Just a few thoughts and comments I have

Thanks for your point of view

1)So it had some warranty work at 5k, it now has 45K. Seems to me its had 40K trouble free miles??? Maybe all the kinks are worked out and its good now. I would also think after tuning and deleting, the truck will function far better and be more reliable as long as the proper maintenance is done.

I agree, want to see what others think to. I would be more worried if the work was done 5,000 ago.

Any idea what happen to the motor and could this cause other problems?

2)I haven't checked prices but does $25K seem a little steep for an XL even with the lowish miles on it? Well I checked autotrader and didnt find a single truck like yours for under $30...So maybe it is a good deal.

Thats what i am thinking, since i will have to put money into new seats, double din, etc i really would like to get it for under 23k which i think is a great deal for a 2010 with under 50k. Price seems to really drop when 08

3)Id say you have some good mods in mind to upgrade the XL trim and make it less "Work truck" and more comfortable daily driver. I think all that are listed are good add ons with half of them being things you can install yourself to save cash.

I would also black out the inside over time. I really think i would rather have the XL anyways. All the things i want to do to any truck i want would be a waste of money. Since i want to replace head unit and speakers, custom seats, color match bumpers, new wheels and tires... so why pay extra 8k for all this on the top to just replace. if i was going to keep it stock there is no way i would be looking at an XL. The only thing i would maybe better off from is an FX4 pkg that has all black inside and color match. Plus this XL has the power locks and windows which is huge. Might be a fun project and keep my busy inside the truck rather than under the hood haha...

4)From what I have seen on here, the majority of issues came on vehicles that were very early 08s. The 9s and 10s I believe have been improved to function much better, but that doesn't mean issues might not happen.

x2

5)I like that this truck is black. Black is a great looking color to work with, in my opinion tied with one other color, red.

Same here, i LOVE the superduty in Black. My last 99.5 was black and it just wouldn't be the same if not. There are alot of other colors that look really good but dont think i will be happy unless black, maybe the dark blue. I like silver but wish ford had it darker. If the right deal came around i would prob get any color other than tan (just not for me)

These are all just my thoughts and opinions, every person that looks at this will prolly have way different views. Hopefully they all speak up so you can have some insight on what others think rather than having to pull the trigger with out any addition knowledge.....

Thanks again, the truck is very far from me so i will have to fly there, i hope all works out well. i have been looking for months now and in the 6.0 vs 6.4 stage until about 5 days ago haha
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM

I think it's a good deal. Actually a really good deal. If you could get the, to go a little lower it would be even better. I think it should be okay far as baing reliable. Plus I believe the factory warranty on those are for 100k miles so you should still have a lot of warranty left too. I would buy the truck. The main thing I would do is change the seat. Go with the center console seat style. If you can get the truck for 1-4k less than asking than it will definitely be a great deal seeing as you want to do a couple upgrades.

All in all I would buy it especially if I could upgrade the seats mainly.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordman87 View Post
I think it's a good deal. Actually a really good deal. If you could get the, to go a little lower it would be even better. I think it should be okay far as baing reliable. Plus I believe the factory warranty on those are for 100k miles so you should still have a lot of warranty left too. I would buy the truck. The main thing I would do is change the seat. Go with the center console seat style. If you can get the truck for 1-4k less than asking than it will definitely be a great deal seeing as you want to do a couple upgrades.

All in all I would buy it especially if I could upgrade the seats mainly.
I'm with you 100% the seats would have to go. Thinking 2007 or 2011. with 08 consul.

asap list
  1. tint
  2. seats
  3. front lights
  4. color match bumpers and grill, door handles and mirrors
  5. new wheels/tires
  6. double din with new speakers

the tires and stuff isn't even good enough for a winter setup haha
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Haha but I was looking at a 08 with little over 91k miles on it and it upgraded seats though but was an xl but the truck was in bad shape and they wouldn't go down any from 22k so I said I would end up paying $28-$30k after all repairs and buying the truck so I bought my almost perfect 04 6.0 cc sb king ranch with 83k miles for $21k

So I say if you can get them down to 21-23k I say you go for it. From what I hear it's a great motor and truck there r just some people who have bad
Uck and had some trouble from what I hear. So I say you should be good plus like I said I'm pretty sure the motor has warranty to 100k miles so that's a lot of warranty left too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.