Problem Persists, Extremely PO'd - Take 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem Persists, Extremely PO'd - Take 2

Dammit, dammit, dammit!!! I knew I spoke too soon and jinxed myself. You guessed it. The truck is back in the shop with limp mode problems. It threw P0652 numerous times yesterday and went into limp each time. The scary part was a couple of times it was in heavy traffic. I thought I was going to die. It did straighten up long enough to get it to the dealer, where it sits right now. I'm just waiting to hear their excuse as to why they DIDN'T fix it last time like they said they did. And I don't want to hear any of this "wiggle test" crap. I want a rock solid solution like maybe show me the defective part or bad place in the wiring.

A weird thing did happen this time that didn't happen before. The last couple of times it went down, it did not display a code or any CEL or wrench lights...it just went into limp. Also, during one of the down times it was trying to do a regen. I know, I know, I need to delete, but for now, I just need to get the gremlins out of it so it won't kill me at a busy intersection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 AM

Back from the shop. This time they replaced the EP sensor and fixed a suspect spot on the wiring harness that may have been rubbing against the frame and grounding, especially when wet. Test was to power spray under the hood and wiggle test it. First time they did it, it threw the codes. After replacing the sensor and covering the questionable spot on the wiring, they did the test again and it did not fail. So, once again, we shall see. I'm going for 3 months trouble free this time before I say it's fixed.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM

Man if i was you i would of stood by my truck the whole time they where working on it. Sounds like they dont even know what is causing it. They are just throwing ideas out there hoping that it might work. ON a good note at least it is covered under warrenty
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM

sometimes figuring out the problem is not straight forward, its good that you are not tuned because that would just cause more confusion at this point...plus they would just focus on the fact that its tuned and blame everything on the tune and not look for any other problems..... good luck...............on a side note... i had an 06 dually...it would randomly not start, no click no nada, then in 30 min to and hour it would start right up like it never had a problem....when i brought it in the last time, it sat in the dealers driveway not starting,in full problem mode, they never figured it out.... hence the reason for my 2008....
Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstroke_02 View Post
Man if i was you i would of stood by my truck the whole time they where working on it. Sounds like they dont even know what is causing it. They are just throwing ideas out there hoping that it might work. ON a good note at least it is covered under warrenty
I wish I had time to go stand over them and watch. I'd love to be able to do that. The mechanic is a nice guy and he wouldn't have cared if I did. In fact, he'd probably let me help. I did manage to get by there and talk to him, though, without the service manager being in the way and listening. He's a nice guy too, but I sometimes think the techs tend to clam up and stick to the company line when the boss is around.

From everything I've been able to read about my problem, they are taking the recommended repair steps. The problem is, there are a whole bunch of different things it could be (mainly a butt load of sensors) and warranty will only let them replace one part at a time, unless they can prove more than one part was bad. So, it ends up being a process of elimination and just hoping they get the right one. Of the nine different sensors it could be, they've now replaced four of them in addition to maybe finding a bad spot in the wiring (my personal belief). The only other thing it could be if not a sensor or wiring, is the ECM. The fact that it was most pronounced when it was wet, furthers my belief that it is a bad spot in the wiring. I'll just have to wait and see if it fails again. Not much else I can do.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEKTER1 View Post
sometimes figuring out the problem is not straight forward, its good that you are not tuned because that would just cause more confusion at this point...plus they would just focus on the fact that its tuned and blame everything on the tune and not look for any other problems..... good luck...............on a side note... i had an 06 dually...it would randomly not start, no click no nada, then in 30 min to and hour it would start right up like it never had a problem....when i brought it in the last time, it sat in the dealers driveway not starting,in full problem mode, they never figured it out.... hence the reason for my 2008....
I agree and I was at the point of doing the same thing (trading it in), but I let my wife talk me into giving them one more chance at fixing it.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 AM

Ya i hear ya for your sakes i hope they got it fixed. Im glad your not talking crap on the 6.4 like alot of people do that have problems like this
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstroke_02 View Post
Ya i hear ya for your sakes i hope they got it fixed. Im glad your not talking crap on the 6.4 like alot of people do that have problems like this
Well, the thing is, except for this little gremlin, I love the truck. So does my wife or she wouldn't have encouraged me to keep after getting it fixed. If you knew my wife, you'd know that speaks highly of the truck. When it's not in failure mode, for a non-tuned stock truck, it runs great (like a scalded dog).

Last edited by cp2146; 03-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 PM

Gotta love scalded dogs! Lol
Old 03-16-2012, 05:16 PM

Sounds like a decent dealer, which is nice. So many damn things on these and other modern day vehicles can cause an array of issues, not always that easy to figure out. Its hard for a dealer/shop to keep someones truck for days/weeks and put on miles to make sure the sensor/part/whatever they replace was actually the culprit..anyways I hope they got it fixed this time for ya'!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.