Opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opinions

getting ready to do a tuner and DPF delete on my 08 with 122k ...i am leaning toward the MiniMaxx and diamond delete ....my question is i am on the fence about doing away with the EGR stuff and the CAT too .......also here lately my back up camera either has a blue screen or no picture ..WTH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

For your backup camera, make sure the connection is tight between the tailgate's harness and the harness at the back of the truck. As far as deleting goes, once I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty coverage period, it's all coming off. The H&S tuner will turn off the EGR cooler but I believe it's still possible to have issues with them leaking even if they're turned off. Block off plates are a couple hundred dollars that I think, from the research I've done, are well worth it.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 AM

If warranty or emissions isnt a concern i would get rid of the egr and coolers.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM

yea i am fixing to go ahead and do it ...i hear the H&S Black Max were on indefinite back order ...and now the Mini Max was going on back order sounds like i better grab one now
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM

Ya what fatboy said if your out of warranty pull the trigger.I would get the mini-max the flo-pro turbo back exhaust kit,flo-pro full egr delete.Also there are vendors on here that can set you up with the whole kit and i recommend kem tunes also do the search button on here lots of good info.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledfreak View Post
Ya what fatboy said if your out of warranty pull the trigger.I would get the mini-max the flo-pro turbo back exhaust kit,flo-pro full egr delete.Also there are vendors on here that can set you up with the whole kit and i recommend kem tunes also do the search button on here lots of good info.
wow all that sounds like way more than i need ..i am not wanting to race it ..its a work truck ...i am starting to think that the cheapest H&S tuner may be plenty for me with a DPF/CAT delete and EGR delete ....i dont really need to see all the stuff on the screen ...i have another truck to go fast in ..
Old 03-12-2012, 07:16 PM

I did the dpf/cat delete but will be putting the cat back on. I will have my full delete pipe for sale for a great price!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillelightning View Post
wow all that sounds like way more than i need ..i am not wanting to race it ..its a work truck ...i am starting to think that the cheapest H&S tuner may be plenty for me with a DPF/CAT delete and EGR delete ....i dont really need to see all the stuff on the screen ...i have another truck to go fast in ..
That's what you need to make your truck run efficiently,your down pipe off the turbos crawl under there and look at it and it's double walled so it's smaller inside.Cooler egt's when you replace it and now adays they make the exhaust kits turbo back so makes more sense to get it in one shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.