Would this work??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would this work???

The "In place EGR Delete"

First off I have emissions testings so a complete delete is out of the question. Here's my thoughts on an in place EGR delete:

Here's a diagram of my thoughts for an "in-place EGR delete" I have two different thoughts...

#1 Is to use blocker plates and block off the coolers at both ends to stop the exhaust flow. Next take the coolant hoses off both vertical and horizontal coolers and cap them off where the hoses connect to the coolers (green dots on diagram). Next I would get a section of heater hose and re-rout the coolant, basically skipping the coolers by re-routing the coolant from the supply and return ports on the engine block. No more coolant running through the coolers and no exhaust. They are pretty much deleted in place.

#2 Would be using the blocker plates still and removing the coolant lines and capping at the coolers (green dots on diagram). Instead of re-routing the coolant I would use the plugs that come with the EGR delete kits and just plug the supply and return ports in the engine.

Do these ideas make sense or are there problems that anyone sees with them? Most people will look at this and say why don't you just get rid of the damn things, trust me, I'd love to do that but emission testing will prevent that...

Just an idea I have. Here's the diagram of my thoughts:
Attached Thumbnails
Would this work???-egr-thoughts.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 06:00 AM

You could do #2 as an option, but the amount of work it would take to remove everything you need to in order to gain access to the lower coolant return port for capping wouldnt be worth it. I say #1 is your best bet for keeping it easy and quickly put back to stock.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 AM

If you do it and it works can you come to Cali and hook me up too
Old 03-10-2012, 07:15 AM

The return port is the upper coolant line which connects to the vertical cooler correct?

I crawled under the truck and saw the lower coolant supply line for the horizontal coolers easy to access. The return port is alot harder to get to I take it?

I'll take a good close look at it tonight after work to see what I can come up with.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Looking at the truck I'm thinking I might be able to get to the the upper coolant return location. It is a tight squeeze, but I think its possible. My question now is, the coolant lines on the valve body, if I block off the coolant lines to the coolers, the coolant lines on the valve are just empty correct?

Is there another location where the valve gets or returns coolant? Do I need to do anything with these lines when I plug or re-rout the coolant line from the coolers?

Ford says the truck is fine, however I'm loosing coolant still, (with no puking) and coolant in the oil per Black Stone... so I'm thinking the trucks NOT fine.

I really want to block this junk off but need a little guidance.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Theres another thread talking about the same thing. Number 1 would be your easiest in place option.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM

Whats the title of that thread?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM

So,

I'd run a section of coolant hose from the metal pipe where the vertical cooler attaches to the coolant pipe, then run it along the cooler (it wouldn't be hot anymore because there's no more exhaust running through it nor coolant) up to the top where the metal pipe for the vertical cooler connects to the coolant pipe. I could even put heat rap on it to prevent any heat damage to the hose.

Here's another image of what I'm picturing.

Thanks for any responses and input
Attached Thumbnails
Would this work???-egr-thought-2.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVHunter83 View Post
Whats the title of that thread?
Found it,
Simple EGR Delete???
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Does anyone sell just the coolant delete plugs that come in the EGR Delete kits? I want the two plugs and a set of block off plates to complete the in place EGR Delete. Not sure if I can just get the coolant plugs with out the delete plates. The full delete plates are too think to be used as block off plates correct? I don't think they'd fit between the cooler and the up pipe and intake would they?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.