Egr Delete question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Egr Delete question

Ok so I WANT to delete the EGR system on my truck. I have a few questions. I have done some searches but no answer to my direct question.
1. Should I do the wastegated kit? I dont plan on running more than the H&S or spartan 250 tune for now..

2. If I chose to do the Sinister delete kit, is there a way to just install the plates in between the coolers to block them off to keep johnny law off my *** should that arise.

3. Am I at a higher risk of head gasket failure running the delete without the wastegate..

4. If I can't just install the plates in between the coolers, can I remove the coolers without cutting them?
Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 AM

The general concensus on here is that unless your pushing up to / over 600hp then you don't need a wastegate. Running the Spartan 250 you should be fine without it. I DD the 300 (light footed) and when I get around to the EGR delete I won't be adding a wastegate. I'd love it just for the sound alone, but it's a huge added expense that I just don't feel is worth it.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Yeah thats what I heard. I want to get that s*** off the truck.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM

A wastegate isnt neccessary, and cylinder pressure is what causes HG failure. You need backpressure to get moving, some guys do it just cause, but it isnt needed. If you tow, I would do a delete, but I personally dont tow a lot or heavy(not over 8-10k) so I just have blocker plates.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfreek26 View Post
A wastegate isnt neccessary, and cylinder pressure is what causes HG failure. You need backpressure to get moving, some guys do it just cause, but it isnt needed. If you tow, I would do a delete, but I personally dont tow a lot or heavy(not over 8-10k) so I just have blocker plates.
So ur saying if I tow a lot to do the wastegate?
Old 03-08-2012, 03:56 PM

No, you wont need a wastegate either way, its really a waste of money, just run a lower tune, a tow tune if you got one, and be smart how you drive. Also make sure you check your coolant, the degas bottle caps are prone to fail which drastically lowers your boiling point, which in turn can cause major issues. I keep a spare cap in my truck just incase. 5$ is a cheap insurance when im out of town.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Had my egr removed and my mechanic didnt cut anything. He said it all came out neatly so that if need be it could be totally replaced.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfreek26 View Post
No, you wont need a wastegate either way, its really a waste of money, just run a lower tune, a tow tune if you got one, and be smart how you drive. Also make sure you check your coolant, the degas bottle caps are prone to fail which drastically lowers your boiling point, which in turn can cause major issues. I keep a spare cap in my truck just incase. 5$ is a cheap insurance when im out of town.
Yeah I just replaced the cap with a new updated one... SO I am thinking about just doing the block plates seeing how buying sinisters kit isnt much different than just plates. The only difference I see is those 2 coolant plugs... Am I correct? What would a lower tune be considered? Thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops250 View Post
Had my egr removed and my mechanic didnt cut anything. He said it all came out neatly so that if need be it could be totally replaced.
Cool thats good to know. Do you have visual inspections in your area? Thanks for the info
Old 03-08-2012, 05:59 PM

No not in s. carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.