Need new Mirror. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need new Mirror.

Ok, got a problem. The passanger side mirror is broken. It will not stay folded out. So the question I ask is how much will a new one cost and how hard is the deinstall and install? Also where should i go to get said new mirror?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well.... I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. BUT. I had to have one replaced due to an accident and the insurance's cost for the mirror was 786.00 dollars.. They take like 15-20 mins to install...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 PM

unless you dont have the power extending folding ones... i meant to ask that 1st.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes I do have the power extending ones. No heat, mannal fold. not sure if it has a turn singal in it. ok wife called one place $250 plus for one. WOW! that is a lot of money. to bad i'm not home to fix this.

Last edited by mikezx1; 03-05-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

just had one replaced by insurance company from an Accident (Which was my dumbass fault) the quote i got was $1360 for a brand new OEM / Not painted. this is for the power folding, power telescoping, heated, adjustable, ETC.. the whole 9 yards.. the body shop tried to go cheap on me and get a refurb, it wouldn't power extended (telescope in and out smoothly) they returned it and got me a brand new one.. Refurb was like, 700 something, but brand new from the dealer.. my dealer near my house said $1360!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 AM

I clipped a pole pulling into an ATM with my passenger mirror this week, which folded it in but now it doesn't fully lock out and moves a little when starting/stopping.. been driving me nuts seeing it move in the corner of my eye.

After reading this I realize I need to start folding them in anytime it's even questionable lol
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM

Makes me feel a little better that I am not the only one to do this. I clipped my mirror yesterday on a telephone pole at about 30 mph. Bent my mirror in, but luckily the motor still works. Broke the mirror cap ($100 to replace) but Ill take that over the $1300 cost of a whole new mirror. My next mod is to run some high strength steel rods through the mirror!!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wberry85 View Post
Makes me feel a little better that I am not the only one to do this. I clipped my mirror yesterday on a telephone pole at about 30 mph. Bent my mirror in, but luckily the motor still works. Broke the mirror cap ($100 to replace) but Ill take that over the $1300 cost of a whole new mirror. My next mod is to run some high strength steel rods through the mirror!!
you clipped a telephone pole at 30mph and didn't break that sucker into 100 pieces?? you lucky SOB.. lol i hit a street sign pole at 30.. bent the pole.. it ripped it off my truck.. and dented the door in 2 spots..
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM

Yeah I actually came across your thread about it and I was thanking god that it didnt rip my whole mirror off! I think I just barely clipped it and got lucky it only broke off my mirror cap. $100 is cheap compared to how bad it could have been....
Old 03-07-2012, 12:13 PM

BTW...I found these for a LOT less than OEM!

2008 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY Outside Mirror
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.