What to do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do?

So I just bought a 2010 lariat 2wd. Love the truck however the more I look at everyone else's 4wd's I'm thinking I should have held out for a 4wd. The problem is this, I bought my truck for $31k with 14k miles...unbelievable deal really. Every truck I find that is 4wd is 2008 or 09 in the high $30's with 40-50k miles. What should I do? Should I trade my extremely low mileage truck for one a year older with higher mileage just to get a 4wd. I would rarely need to use the the 4wd so it would be only for aesthetic purposes. What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just keep the truck, slap an FX4 sticker on it. You're going to take a bath trading this truck in for a 4WD model.

Or wait till summer when people start unloading their trucks thanks to 5 dollar diesel prices and get a great deal.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 AM

It black books for 33 trade in and thats a quote from the dealer...I think I could get out from under it but I may have to spend 40k to do it
Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 AM

Don't want a poser truck either...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 AM

whats the difference looks wise between 4wd and 2wd?....if the truck is everything you want minus the 4wd, and you dont need 4wd... then i would raise it 4 in put on some nice wheels and tires on it and call it good.. no one would ever go " ohh nice truck if it was a 4wd" i took my 4x4 stickers off on day one and covered my locking hubs.... the issue of mine being 4wd or not has never come up...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 AM

True...I just always associated lifted trucks had to be 4wd..
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddude343 View Post
Just keep the truck, slap an FX4 sticker on it. You're going to take a bath trading this truck in for a 4WD model.

Or wait till summer when people start unloading their trucks thanks to 5 dollar diesel prices and get a great deal.
After having a 2wd before this truck a 4wd was a must! Even if I did not ever use it. I do agree with this, just slap a 4wd sticker on it and forget about it. But don't go offroading, get stuck in your 2wd with your 4wd sticker, and give these trucks a bad name
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I debated the same thing on my 6.0 purchase. I had a 2wd 7.3 and said if I ever replaced, the replacement would be a 6.7L. I made the mistake of buying an 08 f150 gasser with barely 30k miles, lariat, 20s, everything. Then i found out my local dealer had the 12' f250's $12k off. I was upset. I went look at a loaded xlt 4x4 in black. It would have been $44k out the door, but I had to trade the 150. i owed $25k on it, and the refused a penny over $17k. I told them to keep that truck, and the note. I wouldnt take a loss like that. Chances are, you will lose a fortune on the truck if you trade it.

Dealers dont do trade values by kbb.com or nada.com. They call the auction and see what your truck would sell for, and theyll offer you $1-3000 less than the auction sells it for. I tried 4 new dealers on 4 similar new f250 trucks in 4x4. Got the same trade amount offer.

I stopped at a dealer out of town looking at the trucks they had. Found a 2wd 07 lariat diesel with 43,096 miles on it. I bought it for $25k. They gave me $21,500 for my trade. I hated that f150. While my 07 isnt a 4x4, I love it. Its quick and gets 17.5mpg. Compared to the 13.5mpg the 150 got, its a wonderful thing.

I love the look of a leveled fx4 on 35's. Im going to level my 2wd, put my 35''s on it, and call it done.

Best suggestion is to level your low mileage truck and enjoy it!

Last edited by Leroy88; 03-04-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Ok....concensus seems to be to keep it. Now, what is the best front leveling kit to use? Links please And Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.