LED off road lights? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LED off road lights?

anyone have any of these on their truck?

i was looking at maybe changing out my halogens in the bumper to LED but i dont know how well they work or what not.

i really like the color because they would match my HIDs perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 11:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Im sure alberta advantage will chime in, he has a ton of lights. My budy has several on his truck and they put out alot of light. I have been debating changing out the aftermarket lights on my bumper to LED's as well to go with my HID's.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Premium Member

subscribed

I've been looking into lights for awhile
Old 02-10-2012, 05:59 AM

I'm close to biting the bullet on a set of these LED light bars. Should fit just right in the center hole on the bumper.

72W 14" 5000 Lumen 12V 24V LED DRIVING FLOOD WORK LIGHT BAR CAR TRUCK ATV SUV | eBay
Old 02-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have some Rigid LEDs on my truck and love them!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM

that ebay one looks kinda funky?

ya i was looking at rigid as well but i really dont want to spend that much on some lights...i was gonna look at a 50" but $1600 for one light is quite a bit!

im gonna start out with 3 6 inch lights hopefully, then maybe a 30" behind the grille
Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Rid Industries lights are definitely the way to go. We recently put a 20" lightbar on a 2012 F250, the lighting was AMAZING. We are also selling a ton of the D2 lights which are also very bright and can replace your fogs. You will pay extra for them, but they are damn near bullet proof.

Rigid Industries LED Lights

20" Light Bar

D2 LED

20" Lightbar installed on 2012 F250

Last edited by DSTRBD; 02-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 AM

I should be able to provide some feedback in a couple of weeks. I had three KC 57 Series long range lights (167k candlepower each) in the center hole of my bumper. I'm in the process of replacing them with the 20" Rigid LED bar pictured above.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:34 PM

Lights are good. I like lights. Other drivers don't like me.

I haven't used any Rigid products so I can't directly comment on them. I haven't seen them illuminated either. I did look at them and fondle them at an offroad shop that sold them and when I was going through the pricing/comparison phase, that's when I found out about Vision X. Sure, Vision X was close to double the price but they were more than double the lumen output for the same size bar. I also like 10 watt LEDs and not measly 3 watt LEDs. Although cool guns are outlawed in Canada, you never know when someone will shoot at you so I thought if I ever had to take a round from an AK 47, I better get the Vision X bar.

I figure if Vision X is good enough for the military, NASA, US Border Patrol, the police and other first responders, the mines/oil sands, they're probably more than adequate for my purpose of driving down the highway. I figure government organizations have lives to save and protect and mines have billions of dollars at stake and run 24/7 and depend on their equipment to run with minimal downtime that I couldn't go wrong with Vision X. Haven't had any issues whatsoever. Been very pleased with all my lights.

If you want pictures of something, just let me know. Truck's t the dealership getting the big 48,000km/30,000 mile service so you'd have to wait until tomorrow when I get it back.

If you're looking for something bright that won't break the bank, get 3 of these as replacements for your halogens.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:52 PM

I dunno.....not questioning that Vision X makes a quality light, but at what distance is the lumens output measured from as compared to Rigid? One thing I liked about the Rigid E Series is that the bar is a spot light / flood light combo. I may have missed it, but I didn't see that offered with the Vision X.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.