Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tranny fried

726 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Riverbogger 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
Ive been looking and reading everything i can on trannys. I'm going with a Suncoast! i need it asap! who all has one and what all do y'all recommend! how fast did they ship it ect.. any info will be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Since you are in GA you will get a suncoast alot faster than the rest of the country. Suncoast is in FL so they are close. It will still take a coupld of days though. If you arent headed for BIG power with your truck then you will be fine with there standard rebuild with the HD clutch packs, TC, solnoids, transgo shift kit, and I would get a mag hytec deep pan to allow for greater cooling with the extra fluid capacity.

#3 ·
The larger capacity pan is a bad idea. While it keeps fluid temps cooler longer, once they get hot, it keeps the trans hot. All that extra fluid takes too long to cool down. I had one, ended up putting an OEM pan back on.

#6 ·
I have about $4500 in mine installed with billet input and output shafts. I didnt buy mine from suncoast though. I bought all the parts, and had my own tranny guy do the work. Saves some money. I trust the guy though since he has built my last 3 trannys and they all worked great and took ALOT of abuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.