Buying a new 6.4L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Buying a new 6.4L

I am specing out and purchasing a new Lariat 4WD, 6.4L, Auto trans, 4 door, just about everything that is offered by Ford. I am asking for 20 in wheels which I will upgrade to Michelan AT's. I plan on installing a Buckstop front bumper with a Warn 16.5ti winch, PIAA lights. A Ram Mount Computer consule, H-P computer and a H-P printer. Rhino liner with a Undercover truck bed tonneau. When Banks brings out their exhaust system and gauges I will upgrade. Thinking of upgrading the brakes to Baer.

I am thinking of going TWO inches on the suspension.

As I have not finalized this truck, I am asking for input from you members on what would be ideal.

I will not be using this for serious off-road, NO snow plowing, but will play in the snow, doubt if I will ever tow anything other a boat. Maybe an occasional BMW for exhaust fodder.

George
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
AWesome man - congrats on staring the purchase!!!

And you better get us some pics when you get it!

Just be careful on some mods if you like your warranty as Ford is trying to scare people straight on the 6.4's!!!

oh, and WELCOME To the ORG!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

to Powerstroke.org! You pretty well got her covered
Old 09-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Premium Member

to the ORG!! Get pics of the rig when you finally get it.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:30 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Welcome to the ORG.!

Congrats, and don't forget to post some pics!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Banned

What you mentioned is great! You'll have to get the right mods for power, but they are out now. So check around here for posts on what to do with these awesome rigs! They 08s are awesome! If I had some extra bread layin around, I'd be pickin one up myself! Let's see the final result!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Jon

Sweet

Cant hide money, thats for sure! You will love it!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unhappy ULSD vs. LSD. Availability in your area?

'08 F-350, 6.4 l PS. I live in the flat lands of KS and with only 500 miles on my 6.4l probably did all the wrong things. I hauled a 30 ft 5th wheel into the mountains of Colorado, NM and AZ and couldent find any ULSD west of the front range of the Rockies. Distribuitors in the mountains confirmed this in Sept 2008. I traveled 3000 miles on LSD and some #2 diesel. Am I lucky or what??? From my experience I would still put in LSD or #2 if the ULSD was not available. Better than it sitting alongside the road. It probably did regenerate more, but how could I tell since most of the driving was over 60 MPH. I would appreciate information. What will you do?
Bobh
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Emergency Services

I cant believe you coulnt find ULSD, I live in Farmington NM and travel around CO, AZ, UT, and NM and have never had a problem finding it. Most places I just pull up and they have it, I think the only place I had to look for it was in UT and that was only once.
I dont know when you were looking for it but right now it's everywhere in those states.

By the way Gweaver good luck on the New Truck, you will LOVE IT they are awesome!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver202 View Post
I am specing out and purchasing a new Lariat 4WD, 6.4L, Auto trans, 4 door, just about everything that is offered by Ford. I am asking for 20 in wheels which I will upgrade to Michelan AT's. I plan on installing a Buckstop front bumper with a Warn 16.5ti winch, PIAA lights. A Ram Mount Computer consule, H-P computer and a H-P printer. Rhino liner with a Undercover truck bed tonneau. When Banks brings out their exhaust system and gauges I will upgrade. Thinking of upgrading the brakes to Baer.

I am thinking of going TWO inches on the suspension.

As I have not finalized this truck, I am asking for input from you members on what would be ideal.

I will not be using this for serious off-road, NO snow plowing, but will play in the snow, doubt if I will ever tow anything other a boat. Maybe an occasional BMW for exhaust fodder.

George
Hey George welcome to the site! I wouldn't waste the money on exhaust if your looking for sound or a noticeable power increase. The DPF is just too big to let out any sound and its also the main reason for not that great of a performance increase. Bigger brakes are always better, but the stock brakes do a great job with stock tire and wheels.....hope this helps, post some pics when you get it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.