3rd party warranties - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
3rd party warranties

Few question. Has any body had good experiences with 3rd party warranty companies? Also I have already done a delete and tune ( not going back to stock) do the 3rd party warranty companies care about it( would a delete void a 3rd party warranty). Any feed back would be helpful. Thank jeremy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck came from the dealership with a Lifetime Warranty through a third party (Warranty Forever). With 15K miles on the odometer, my "lifetime" warranty was cancelled because I did not get pre-approval on an oil change at the dealership (called the next day). They were looking for a reason to void the warranty and they found one.

So if you ask me, I think you would be better off putting the money away that you would spend to buy the warranty and save it for a rainy day.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
I bought a 3year/36,000 mile. Warenty before from(I can't remember) anyway they were alright. I did get well I we my 2k back. Ball joints, steering box and stabilizer and one injector. And both front axle seals. but my advice would be to save the cash. The coolant doesn't care if the truck is stick or not

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 PM

It depends on the warranty company. Some I've seen will try to use any reason possible to get out of their warranty. Some are better than factory warranty. I'm dealing with one right now that has been screwing with my customer for 2 weeks and will end up not paying anything when it's over with.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM

If you can (not modified) stick with a ford extended warranty. If you are modified any warranty could be hit or miss, but you're probably better off just putting the money aside for when something breaks.

I have a 2yr extended warranty through Preferred Warranties Inc. (from the dealer for 4k), which supposedly covers everything on my diesel except all the things prone to go wrong on my truck (Radiators, Door Actuators, HPFP, etc).

I've heard of many people going through nightmares to get anything approved, requiring religious maintenance records (voiding things for not having an oil change receipt) as well as sending an inspector out to look at the truck which he'll probably pick the mods apart. Considering I do my own fluid changes I'm sure they'd use that to void my claim.

For the few people I've heard make a successful claim (with my company at least), they try to use refurbished parts not new.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:32 PM

When I bought my first car I bought an extended warranty. Used it a couple times for repairs and it more than paid for it self. Blew an AC condenser, had the power seat rails replaced, and there was one other thing that was wrong and got fixed. The warranty I bought allowed you to get $2000 back if you hadn't had any claims for however long your extended warranty was for. Think the original extended warranty cost me $4500. The warranty was also transferable if I sold the car. The deductible for warranty work was $100 plus tax.

Now, the fine print that I probably should have read or had more common sense about. The third party warranty I bought, had the right to use aftermarket parts if they were available instead of replacing OEM parts with OEM parts. Granted, I had the right to choose between the aftermarket part or OEM part but I would have to pay the difference between the aftermarket part the warranty company approved and the OEM part. On the AC condenser, this was about an $800 difference. Albeit, where I ended up "saving money" was in the labor. Shop labor was $145/hour.

I'm assuming with a Ford extended warranty, you'll be paying more for it but you'll probably get OEM/Motocraft parts.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:34 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I bought a one of those warrantys and they denied me warranty on a blown head gasket because I had oversized tires. Pretty crappy. They also cancelled it. I raised enough hell to get a full refund back. I could understand if they denied it because of the thousands of dollars in performance mods but they didnt even check for that. The guy kept taking pictures of the tires and lift kit. Save your money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.