Ideal EGT Range, DASH DAQ programer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ideal EGT Range, DASH DAQ programer

I recently bought a 08' F250 with the 6.4. My truck came with intake, exhaust, and programer already installed. The programer says DASH DAQ. I have never seen one of these before but it seems ok. It has 4 pre loaded tunes. 150, 175, 210, Race. It also has many different gauges that you can change depending what you want. It is not changable on fly tunes. You have to turn the truck off and let it upload. It takes about 20 min. to change the tune. Does anyone have any experence with this programer or know if its any good? Also what temp range would be good to set the EGT monitor at? What is concidered High? I just want to take care of my engine. Would you recommend a EGR cooler and/or DPF Delete or what? Like I said I am new to the 6.4 and just want to take care of it. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Bow Hunter View Post
I recently bought a 08' F250 with the 6.4. My truck came with intake, exhaust, and programer already installed. The programer says DASH DAQ. I have never seen one of these before but it seems ok. It has 4 pre loaded tunes. 150, 175, 210, Race. It also has many different gauges that you can change depending what you want. It is not changable on fly tunes. You have to turn the truck off and let it upload. It takes about 20 min. to change the tune. Does anyone have any experence with this programer or know if its any good? Also what temp range would be good to set the EGT monitor at? What is concidered High? I just want to take care of my engine. Would you recommend a EGR cooler and/or DPF Delete or what? Like I said I am new to the 6.4 and just want to take care of it. Thanks
You got a spartan tuner. It sounds like its an older version as you only have 4 tunes. Check out spartan diesel for settings.DashDAQ Parameter Settings - Spartan Diesel Tech Support Forums spartan now has up to 350 hp tunes but you will have to relicense it and that should be 100.00 Or you can keep it the way it is and get some KEM tunes as it sounds like it is pre V2 software.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 PM

As mentioned, you have yourself an excellent tuner there with the spartan dashdaq. Give them a call and for ($100 I believe) you can get it licensed under your name and then they can help you get the tuner up to date with all their tunes. I'd highly recommend doing this because you'll gain access to all their higher HP tunes and that's where you'll get all the extra power and mpg gains. Enjoy the truck and tuner!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Set your high alarm for EGT's at 1250. You can run hotter than that, but you shouldnt for long periods of time. At 1250 it will set the alarm off telling you to start watching. Since the truck has a spartan on it already, have you looked under the truck to make sure that you dont already have a DPF delete? I bet you are already deleted. If your not deleted you will see three different canisters in the exhaust (Cat, DPF, Muffler) in that order. As for the EGR, That is up to you. With all the tuners, the disable the EGR so it doesnt cycle while driving (some tunes cycle at idle). For good piece of mind I would delete it completely.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
You got a spartan tuner. It sounds like its an older version as you only have 4 tunes. Check out spartan diesel for settings.DashDAQ Parameter Settings - Spartan Diesel Tech Support Forums spartan now has up to 350 hp tunes but you will have to relicense it and that should be 100.00 Or you can keep it the way it is and get some KEM tunes as it sounds like it is pre V2 software.
omg I love your setup
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Emergency Services

thanks guys, I am going to get ahold of Spartan Diesel and see about updating it. Is there anything else that I havent thought of that would extend/maximize my 6.4's life and MPG?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:56 AM

I would just start by giving your truck a real close look and figure out what's already done to it. Since it's already tuned (and probably DPF deleted) it's very possible that the previous owner did other mods as well. If not I'd say your next step is an EGR delete, that's the biggest mod for increasing the health and life of your truck. Then look at doing a CCV re-route. Once all those are done your truck should be in good shape, then you can spend your money on the fun mods like wheels / tires, lifts, LEDs.....!!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:25 AM

My mini max is set for 1450 and when it hits it, if I stay on it, it will start shutting it down by lowering the power level and then slowing down the truck within probably 10 seconds. Which it shows my max being just above 1500 when it did that. Seems good to me since I used to hit 1600 in my dodge for a few seconds with no issues.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Emergency Services

ok so I just got my dash daq updated with the current tunes and settings but now I dont have any guages other than voltage on the tuner. Before the update I had approx. 40 maybe more or less options (egt, boost, ect...) to put in the guages. now I only have the volts to chose from. I had to do a firm ware update as well but that wasnt a problem once I found the drivers for it. where can I find all the guages and peramiters?
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Have you gone out and looked in the ford only folder for the guages? That is weird that all of your guages are not visible now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.