Newton leveling kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newton leveling kit?

I know a lot of people have asked about this kit before, and I have read some mixed reviews on it, so I am looking for some updated opinions, plus I am on a tight budget...

Has anybody had any failures or problems with this kit at all? Would any one recommend it? And how has the track bar spacers held up?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Duffie112
I have one in my 08 now been in for about close to a year. So far its been great track bar spacers are a bit of a pain to install but def worth it.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:49 AM

I have had the 2.5" w/ the 4" blocks on for a while now. About 7-8 months. No issues at all. Rides just like stock did and axle has not shifted.

The only problem: The dang Track Bar Spacers!! Those things were a mother. And DO NOT LOSE the track bar nut in the axle. I can not stress this enough.

But all in all a good product for ~$250.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM

alright thanks, but now i'm nervous about putting in the track bar spacers, what makes them such a pain?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM

Its not part of the kit actually. Though there are quite a few guys who went with separate track bar brackets.

It has to do with getting the spacers in. To get the spacers in you have to remove the two track bar nuts in the frame, and remove or loosen the three track bar bracket bolts on the crossmember. (OH I said axle earlier, I meant frame) These two frame nuts have tabs on them because the actual nut itself is down in the frame. The tab gives you a little handle to hold so you dont drop the nut down in the frame.

The nut on the left, towards the front end of the truck, is no big deal. The nut on the other side gave us issues. (DISCLAIMER: We followed directions to a tee, but didnt always help) We had to raise and lower the truck axle to get the bracket situated just right. Once we did that we went about getting the second nut in. The first one you can kind of get your pointer and middle finger down in there and hold the nut steady as you thread the new bolt in. The second one...not so much. It took alot of cussing and moaning, but after about 45 minutes of screwing with it we got it in.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we drilled small holes in the tabs of the two track bar frame bolts and tied a small piece of string to them and the other end to my wrists. DID NOT want to risk losing them in the frame. This might help if you dont have a clamp small enough (which is recommended in the directions) to hold on to the tabs.

Tied everything back up and your good to go, minus straightening out the steering which takes about 5 minutes to do.

Like I said, Its a good product and very affordable for a good 2.5" of lift in the front. I have had no problems with it. And like most will attest, once you do it one time, you can do it again in half the time.

If you have any questions during the install shoot me a PM. I'll be installing a new tuner, exhaust and CAI this weekend!! Yeah boy!!

Last edited by nlcougar; 02-07-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Ok thanks! ill try my best with it!! ive already installed my exhaust, tuner and cai so have fun with that!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Ahh.. Any tips? Haha.

How do you like the "new" truck?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM

I love it! And the dpf can be a pain but just make sure you put some wd40 or some grease on the bolts the night before and it helps a ton getting those bolts off. Also, it can be hard getting the hangers out of the bungees so i would just unbolt the bungees from the frame and then bolt them back on after you take the hangers out of them on the ground. Other than that, the CAI and tuner are pretty straight forward
Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i just ordered the 2.5 inch kit from newton should be fun putting on my truck
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4ford View Post
i just ordered the 2.5 inch kit from newton should be fun putting on my truck
If you can turn a wrench and torque a bolt you should be okay. Did you go with blocks in the rear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.