need help with upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help with upgrades

i am very new to all of this so forgive my newbie questions. i have read so much i am confused. i have a spartan coming and plan to jus do a dpf/doc delete and a s&b cai. but i have read so much about egr delete that i think i need to do it. i bought my truck new about a year ago and would like to put the truck back to stock when it goes in for service so the less i have to do the better. the reason for this is to get rid of that regen. i live in northern canada in a small town and the roads and highways are wicked in winter and the wife drives it most of the time. (the big three do all there cold weather test up here). the only hauling it does is my mustang to the drag strip in the summer months. but it does regular 600 mile trips (one way) as that is were the closest city is. sorry for the long winded post. but what is my magic recipe for what i want to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Premium Member

For simplicity i would leave the EGR on and let the tuner just turn it off. I dont think i would want to be installing it and removing it every year.

As for the exhaust it is what it is, if you remove it you will have to reinstall it for inspections.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
For simplicity i would leave the EGR on and let the tuner just turn it off. I dont think i would want to be installing it and removing it every year.

As for the exhaust it is what it is, if you remove it you will have to reinstall it for inspections.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 PM

thanx for the reply guys. that is a relief that i can leave the egr. it took awhile to mentally prepare for this!!. i have the cai and the tuner coming and plan to ordera dpf/doc with bungs and order the 4 sensors for it so i can pull the dpf on and off. reliability and simplicity is my goal here.and a little luck, with the one and only ford dealer in town not noticing!!we are classified as extreme climate so i see the dealer at least 3 or 4 times a year.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 PM

i have now ordered the diamond eye cat/dpf delete pipe and am looking for the sensors to fill it with. i have found the three egt sensors at rivercity diesel for 38 dollars(assuming they are all the same). but am having not much luck with the pressure sensor. i have found were you guys have posted the ford paart number but with one dealer who services my truck is allso known for soaking us in parts, is there a one stop shop for everything?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM

You don't need two sets. I don't think you need any sensors in the delete pipe with Spartans new tunes. Double check with them. As for the plugs on the truck, make sure you cover them up after unplugging the sensors from the truck if you plan on not using sensors while running the delete pipe to keep the moisture out. I use my stock ones in both pipes since I ordered a delete pipe way before they had the new tunes. It doesn't hurt anything to use the sensors, just one more thing to switch back and forth. As for returning the truck to stock, once you do it a time or two it, it'll only take about an hour.

You're going to LOVE the new truck!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:45 PM

i purchased the spartan off hodge1995 but will have to get it re licensed in about a week when i get it. i will talk to spartan tommorow. i thought only h&s did it without sensors.i will look into it though. i just want to make sure everything is here when i go to do it. living in the sticks is very crappy when you need a part fast. i have three guys with the same truck eagerly waiting to try mine. thank you
Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

U DON'T need sensors for Spartans latest tunes

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4ford View Post
U DON'T need sensors for Spartans latest tunes

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
this is getting better by the miniute!!

do i get the new tunes when i re license?
will i still get an accurate egt reading?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftdaddy View Post
this is getting better by the miniute!!

do i get the new tunes when i re license?
will i still get an accurate egt reading?
You may need to update the dashdaq to V2 firmware if it hasn't already been.
Contact Spartan to confirm or for instructions if you need it.
There should be info on their website/forum.
The Dashdaq is a great tool to monitor pids.

Load a tune before you install the pipe to make sure it works. It will take at least 30 min the first time because it's saving your stock cal. Only 12 min to change tunes after that.
It's a good idea to do it during business hours in case you need to call them for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.