Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

need your opinion please...

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  oemwheelguy 
#1 ·
take a look at my signature picture please and give me your opinion.

i am considering painting my wheels black (cant powdercoat because its a plastic cover on the wheel). i dont like chrome and thats the last of the chrome on the truck (headlights were painted after that picture was taken). do yall think that would look good? just curious.

#3 ·
I'm not a fan of chrome either but then I'm also not a fan of all black lol

I prefer the look of six o stroker where you have black but hints or splashes of the metal. This way the rim has flash or identity other wise it blends in the tires.

#5 ·
I would be careful with those chrome wheels. I put those on my 6.0 and one of the chrome clad plastic pieces came off. I was left with three chrome wheels and one gray steel rim with the yellow glue showing. I would just go buy a set of aftermarkets if I was in your shoes.

#12 ·
I was doing some market research on what kind of wheels people like and stumbled across these comments. I figured since I used to work for one of the companies that made chrome-clad wheels I’d offer some info that may be helpful. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience where the cladding came off. I was there for a long time and never heard of 1 coming off.

#6 ·
I say go black but leave the center caps chrome

#9 ·
I think your truck with the black bumpers will look good with the black rims. You can also smoke the cab lights and mirror lights. Good looking truck either way. I hate crome but its also because I live at the beach and salt air kills crome.

#11 ·
Good call on the smoked lights! Had another member on this sight tiny them and mail ten to me, they are on the way tinted and ready to be put on! Can't wait!

Sent from the mower shop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.