Just traded my 6.0 for a 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

 
mmandley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carlton Oregon
Posts: 440
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just traded my 6.0 for a 6.4

Hey peeps, ive been on the 6.0 forum for a long time, had a 06 6.0 same trim as this one but Black with Grey interior.

I traded it off today for this new to me rig.

08 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Longbed 4x4.

I read the best thing to do is DPF delete, with Cat/Muffler Delete. Cold Air Intake, and Minni Max Programmer.
Drain water seperator often


DPF delete and programmer might be a little time. I have my Edge from the 06 i plan to have it flashed to the 08 so i have some monitoring power.

Other then the above anything i need to do extra?








08 F350 6.4 Lariat CC LB tows a 13 Moomba Mojo 2.5
2inch Level kit
Mini Max tuner
S&B CAi
Diamond Eye 5inch exhaust straight pipe
HID headlights, and Fog lights
EGR delete <planned next>
Ladder bars <in the future>


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mmandley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
jac97psd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very nice truck. I would also do a EGR delete.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 F-350 CC SRW LongBed 4X4
Spartan tunes, 5 inch Flo-Pro w/ DPF Delete, AFE stage 2 CAI, Cold side piping, 4 inch down pipe, Rudy's EGR delete, Air Dog II
jac97psd is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 01-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
Hey peeps, ive been on the 6.0 forum for a long time, had a 06 6.0 same trim as this one but Black with Grey interior.

I traded it off today for this new to me rig.

08 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Longbed 4x4.

I read the best thing to do is DPF delete, with Cat/Muffler Delete. Cold Air Intake, and Minni Max Programmer.
Drain water seperator often


DPF delete and programmer might be a little time. I have my Edge from the 06 i plan to have it flashed to the 08 so i have some monitoring power.

Other then the above anything i need to do extra?







Do you feel like it drives better and has more power than a 6.0? Just wondering because I'm looking at trucks and all the 6.0's I have been seeing are beat to hell.
Twincam666 is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

 
mmandley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carlton Oregon
Posts: 440
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Its a dream to drive honestly. Its worth the extra coin you have to pay. My 6.0 was well kept but still had some looseness in the steering.

The first thing i noticed when i got into the 08 was the seats are much more comfortable. Then when driving it, its so quit compared tot he 6.0. In the cab you barley hear the engine running, when driving the truck felt very stiff and solid like it does when its brand new, and this one has some miles. I had to sacrafice miles for price point.

As for power when you roll off a stop the 6.0 tuned seems better off the line and comes into power very quickly.

The 6.4 is a little slower but when it kicks in its a kick in the pants even stock. The duel turbo setup really pulls when they kick in. I did notice a big milage drop at first, the 6.4 hates stop and go traffic i was only getting 10 but once i got to some areas where the street lights are a mile apart my miles climed to 12. Ending the day driving home, i live 10 miles out of town i ended up with 15mpg. Later this week ill drive my work route and can really see what my milage difference is between my 6.0 and my newer 6.4.

I was surprised to see the 6.4 has 35s under it, they do rub a little Only when i turn really close to luck point and its only a little rubbing.

08 F350 6.4 Lariat CC LB tows a 13 Moomba Mojo 2.5
2inch Level kit
Mini Max tuner
S&B CAi
Diamond Eye 5inch exhaust straight pipe
HID headlights, and Fog lights
EGR delete <planned next>
Ladder bars <in the future>


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mmandley is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
INJEKTER1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ORYGON
Posts: 1,358
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
Its a dream to drive honestly. Its worth the extra coin you have to pay. My 6.0 was well kept but still had some looseness in the steering.

The first thing i noticed when i got into the 08 was the seats are much more comfortable. Then when driving it, its so quit compared tot he 6.0. In the cab you barley hear the engine running, when driving the truck felt very stiff and solid like it does when its brand new, and this one has some miles. I had to sacrafice miles for price point.

As for power when you roll off a stop the 6.0 tuned seems better off the line and comes into power very quickly.

The 6.4 is a little slower but when it kicks in its a kick in the pants even stock. The duel turbo setup really pulls when they kick in. I did notice a big milage drop at first, the 6.4 hates stop and go traffic i was only getting 10 but once i got to some areas where the street lights are a mile apart my miles climed to 12. Ending the day driving home, i live 10 miles out of town i ended up with 15mpg. Later this week ill drive my work route and can really see what my milage difference is between my 6.0 and my newer 6.4.

I was surprised to see the 6.4 has 35s under it, they do rub a little Only when i turn really close to luck point and its only a little rubbing.
sounds like you need to zip tie back the felt in the wheel well a little... then that rub will be gone, i ran 35" on those stock rims at stock height with no rub....save up for the mini and an exhaust....you will not believe what this truck will do with a good tuner... welcome to the 6.4 4m


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 F350 MINI MAXX,5"FLO-PRO DPF DELETE, AFE INTAKE,HID'S,BFG A/T'S ON 20" BMF NOVAKANES,TIMBREMS,BLACKED OUT BUMPERS GRILL,STEPS RACING STRIPES,PAINTED HEADLIGHTS ,FABTECH LEVELD,RCX DUAL STABILISERS
INJEKTER1 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

 
mmandley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carlton Oregon
Posts: 440
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEKTER1 View Post
sounds like you need to zip tie back the felt in the wheel well a little... then that rub will be gone, i ran 35" on those stock rims at stock height with no rub....save up for the mini and an exhaust....you will not believe what this truck will do with a good tuner... welcome to the 6.4 4m
Thanks man,

Yea later today im going to turn the wheels to lock and see where its rubbing and see what i can do to fix it.

Yea im saving lol 1500 is what i hear for a Mini/Max, DPF delete kit and CAI. I fogure this time next year since i have some other things to pay off and summer is comming for the boat.

08 F350 6.4 Lariat CC LB tows a 13 Moomba Mojo 2.5
2inch Level kit
Mini Max tuner
S&B CAi
Diamond Eye 5inch exhaust straight pipe
HID headlights, and Fog lights
EGR delete <planned next>
Ladder bars <in the future>


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mmandley is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
wilsonw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 994
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought my Mini Maxx, DPF Delete Exhaust (5") to a 6" MBRP Chrome tip, and CAI for just around $1600 from Performancetruckproducts.com. You can't go wrong. I wish my truck came stock with 35's, esp. at over $300 a tire.

I also went from a 6.0 to a 6.4, and was under the same dilemma as you...I didn't want to get rid of my 6.0, but couldn't afford both. However, I love my 6.4. Night and day comparison. Your truck looks great. Welcome to the 6.4!

...oh yea, and if you can tune it, do it ASAP. Not just for the awesome power, but for how bad the DPF is for your truck. Trust me...you want to rid of the emissions equipment as fast as humanly possible.

*NEW:
2016 F250 CCSB KR FX4
NL Fab:
---Stage 1 Intake
---EGR shmock off plates
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---Flo Pro Exhaust (5" to 6" tip)
---SCT with GH tunes
---Waiting for first Fuel Filter change to install:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------CCV Mod
---------CTS2 monitor with EGT Probe
Just passed 1,111.1 miles and LOVING IT!


**SOLD:
2010 F250 CC FX4
H&S
AFE Intake
and some other goodies...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wilsonw2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome