Just traded my 6.0 for a 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just traded my 6.0 for a 6.4

Hey peeps, ive been on the 6.0 forum for a long time, had a 06 6.0 same trim as this one but Black with Grey interior.

I traded it off today for this new to me rig.

08 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Longbed 4x4.

I read the best thing to do is DPF delete, with Cat/Muffler Delete. Cold Air Intake, and Minni Max Programmer.
Drain water seperator often

DPF delete and programmer might be a little time. I have my Edge from the 06 i plan to have it flashed to the 08 so i have some monitoring power.

Other then the above anything i need to do extra?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Very nice truck. I would also do a EGR delete.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
Hey peeps, ive been on the 6.0 forum for a long time, had a 06 6.0 same trim as this one but Black with Grey interior.

I traded it off today for this new to me rig.

08 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Longbed 4x4.

I read the best thing to do is DPF delete, with Cat/Muffler Delete. Cold Air Intake, and Minni Max Programmer.
Drain water seperator often

DPF delete and programmer might be a little time. I have my Edge from the 06 i plan to have it flashed to the 08 so i have some monitoring power.

Other then the above anything i need to do extra?

Do you feel like it drives better and has more power than a 6.0? Just wondering because I'm looking at trucks and all the 6.0's I have been seeing are beat to hell.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Premium Member

Its a dream to drive honestly. Its worth the extra coin you have to pay. My 6.0 was well kept but still had some looseness in the steering.

The first thing i noticed when i got into the 08 was the seats are much more comfortable. Then when driving it, its so quit compared tot he 6.0. In the cab you barley hear the engine running, when driving the truck felt very stiff and solid like it does when its brand new, and this one has some miles. I had to sacrafice miles for price point.

As for power when you roll off a stop the 6.0 tuned seems better off the line and comes into power very quickly.

The 6.4 is a little slower but when it kicks in its a kick in the pants even stock. The duel turbo setup really pulls when they kick in. I did notice a big milage drop at first, the 6.4 hates stop and go traffic i was only getting 10 but once i got to some areas where the street lights are a mile apart my miles climed to 12. Ending the day driving home, i live 10 miles out of town i ended up with 15mpg. Later this week ill drive my work route and can really see what my milage difference is between my 6.0 and my newer 6.4.

I was surprised to see the 6.4 has 35s under it, they do rub a little Only when i turn really close to luck point and its only a little rubbing.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
Its a dream to drive honestly. Its worth the extra coin you have to pay. My 6.0 was well kept but still had some looseness in the steering.

The first thing i noticed when i got into the 08 was the seats are much more comfortable. Then when driving it, its so quit compared tot he 6.0. In the cab you barley hear the engine running, when driving the truck felt very stiff and solid like it does when its brand new, and this one has some miles. I had to sacrafice miles for price point.

As for power when you roll off a stop the 6.0 tuned seems better off the line and comes into power very quickly.

The 6.4 is a little slower but when it kicks in its a kick in the pants even stock. The duel turbo setup really pulls when they kick in. I did notice a big milage drop at first, the 6.4 hates stop and go traffic i was only getting 10 but once i got to some areas where the street lights are a mile apart my miles climed to 12. Ending the day driving home, i live 10 miles out of town i ended up with 15mpg. Later this week ill drive my work route and can really see what my milage difference is between my 6.0 and my newer 6.4.

I was surprised to see the 6.4 has 35s under it, they do rub a little Only when i turn really close to luck point and its only a little rubbing.
sounds like you need to zip tie back the felt in the wheel well a little... then that rub will be gone, i ran 35" on those stock rims at stock height with no rub....save up for the mini and an exhaust....you will not believe what this truck will do with a good tuner... welcome to the 6.4 4m
Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEKTER1 View Post
sounds like you need to zip tie back the felt in the wheel well a little... then that rub will be gone, i ran 35" on those stock rims at stock height with no rub....save up for the mini and an exhaust....you will not believe what this truck will do with a good tuner... welcome to the 6.4 4m
Thanks man,

Yea later today im going to turn the wheels to lock and see where its rubbing and see what i can do to fix it.

Yea im saving lol 1500 is what i hear for a Mini/Max, DPF delete kit and CAI. I fogure this time next year since i have some other things to pay off and summer is comming for the boat.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 AM

I bought my Mini Maxx, DPF Delete Exhaust (5") to a 6" MBRP Chrome tip, and CAI for just around $1600 from Performancetruckproducts.com. You can't go wrong. I wish my truck came stock with 35's, esp. at over $300 a tire.

I also went from a 6.0 to a 6.4, and was under the same dilemma as you...I didn't want to get rid of my 6.0, but couldn't afford both. However, I love my 6.4. Night and day comparison. Your truck looks great. Welcome to the 6.4!

...oh yea, and if you can tune it, do it ASAP. Not just for the awesome power, but for how bad the DPF is for your truck. Trust me...you want to rid of the emissions equipment as fast as humanly possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.