Towing with h&s mini maxx - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Towing with h&s mini maxx

Just curious what people are towing and what setting? I tow a variety of weight from 5000-22000lbs just got my delete, its a h&s mini maxx with 5" flo-pro down pipe back. Wondering what settings are safe ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 07:09 PM

I always tow on "No Power" setting. It's just personal, but here's why. I can hook on to anything I want (within reason), and set the cruise on any reasonable speed I want and it will pull without a problem. I never take off fast with a load because of the strain it puts on all the different components of the truck. I guess I get this from truck driving. If you have a ton of power, and put it down too fast, something will eventually give. Plus that, why in the world would I need to pull any heavy load fast? lol. Anyway, hope this makes sense.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:50 PM

Better mpg?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltruckin View Post
I always tow on "No Power" setting. It's just personal, but here's why. I can hook on to anything I want (within reason), and set the cruise on any reasonable speed I want and it will pull without a problem. I never take off fast with a load because of the strain it puts on all the different components of the truck. I guess I get this from truck driving. If you have a ton of power, and put it down too fast, something will eventually give. Plus that, why in the world would I need to pull any heavy load fast? lol. Anyway, hope this makes sense.
I Agree +1
Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltruckin View Post
Well said, My uncle who drove trucks for "Hess Gasoline" for 16+ years i think always said it aint no race when your driving with a load on... Theres really no need for the extra power from the chip. The stock setting will handle the trailer fine.

Tom
Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM

100% agree with what was said above. I tow on no power.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore1225 View Post
Better mpg?
i tow in the wild setting.......much better MPG and easier on the truck not harder......you have a 110lbs girl drag a 125 pound skid weight across a field for 100 yards, you have a 240lb male pro athlete pull the same skid.... whose going to be f ed-up?

POWER UP
Old 01-03-2012, 03:27 PM

yeah, but what happens when you give that 110lb girl a shot PCP and she can outpull that 240lb dude, but can't feel any pain? :p
Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Well the only reason I asked was for mpg im not going to hot rod it. The truck pulled great even before mods but 8-9 mpg is right at what my v10 got just curious thanks for input.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 PM

higher timing = better fuel mileage and lower EGT, but it also = higher piston crown temps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.