Anyone carry air tools with them? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone carry air tools with them?

Hey, I have an on board air compressor and air tank.. its a 5 gallon 200psi setup and was debating if it is worth carrying around an impact gun for tire changes or whatever, and I was wondering if I'd be a bigger tank to use the impact gun or if that would be enough to change a tire. I already have the air hose and regulator all set up since I use it to fill my tires.

Anyone else have this type of setup or anything different that works like a charm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo33 View Post
Hey, I have an on board air compressor and air tank.. its a 5 gallon 200psi setup and was debating if it is worth carrying around an impact gun for tire changes or whatever, and I was wondering if I'd be a bigger tank to use the impact gun or if that would be enough to change a tire. I already have the air hose and regulator all set up since I use it to fill my tires.

Anyone else have this type of setup or anything different that works like a charm?
Well it depends on the impact wrench, it should say how much psi takes to run it on the wrench but, that would be cool as hell if you ever had a flat. It sure does beat the hell out of tire iron.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM

What you do need also is a 100% duty cycle pump so that it can just run and run if it has to.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
it'll take a little longer to take off a wheel but it should work, just let the pressure build up past 100psi and it should take a lug off with minimal effort
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 PM

I put a regulator on the air line for 90psi, which is what the gun works at, and had my tank full up to 200 psi, and it is a 100% duty cycle compressor, I was playing around with it, it uses alot more air then I thought.. I never actually tried it in lug nuts because i didn't have the impact sockets, but just fooling around with the gun I'd say I can change one tire before its completely dead, well sad news, i returned the gun, and figured I'd use that money to upgrade my tank and maybe go dual compressors, then invest in another impact gun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.