Hey guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys

I am selling my 02 DMAX to come over to the blue side! Am I making a good choice buying a 6.4? What are yall seeing for mileage after egr and dpf delete and have any of u been hassled about those deletes?
Also how are the trannys i the 6.4? I want to run a 4-6" lift on 35's with exhaust, egr delete, dpf delete, intake and either sct or H&S tuning. Will the trans stand up to this?
Any info would be awesome. I think these trucks look/sound killer and I def want to try one. My Dmax has been great to me but, it feels like im driving a damn 1/2 ton sometimes especially while towing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM

I have a 27 gallon tank and on hwy i can get 400+ out of a tank. I have yet to see what im getting for MPG. The tranny's on these truck are very strong for stock. Im running spartan tune with the 300 tune as my DD and i have 185k on my truck. If you do a egr, dpf delete, intake and tune you will be good to go. With this you are making the trucks life last longer. You could always do a tranny and coolant filter to help down there road. You dont have to lift it to put 35's you can just do a leveling kit and clear them with no rubbing.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstroke_02 View Post
I have a 27 gallon tank and on hwy i can get 400+ out of a tank. I have yet to see what im getting for MPG. The tranny's on these truck are very strong for stock. Im running spartan tune with the 300 tune as my DD and i have 185k on my truck. If you do a egr, dpf delete, intake and tune you will be good to go. With this you are making the trucks life last longer. You could always do a tranny and coolant filter to help down there road. You dont have to lift it to put 35's you can just do a leveling kit and clear them with no rubbing.

Are u not EGR deleted now? From what I gather thats where u see the biggest increase in mileage.. Correct me if im wrong but thats what I have been told..
Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 AM

no i am not and i havent heard that. I hear it helps with the life of the motor.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstroke_02 View Post
no i am not and i havent heard that. I hear it helps with the life of the motor.

Yeah a couple guys I know who did EGR were getting like 14 before and than did exhaust and went up to like 16 and then did EGR and is now getting like 21 highway...
Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Premium Member

im' @ 19.5 mph highway @ 72 mph hand calculated. with the mods in my sig and stock wheels and tires.. 37's are in the garage going on in a few weeks.. my days of getting close to 20mpg on the highway are close to over. but its the look i'm going for..

I'm leveling my truck and adding 37x13.5x20's so take that for whats its worth..

Do a DPF Delete, intake, and exhaust with a tuner, Spartan, H&S, SCT... you wont be disappointed and regular maintenance truck should run for a long time
Old 12-16-2011, 05:05 PM

you wont be disappointed with the performance of the 6.4. I bought mine used and soon after found out that it needed a new oil cooler and a new egr cooler as well.

I deleted the dpf and put a 5" flo pro exhaust
h&s mini maxx tuner with HD300 tunes
egr delete kit
and a new oil cooler.

truck ran great...i just wrecked it though.

next step was gonna be an intake and coolant filter (and whatever other kind of filter i could add to it)

they're great trucks, you just gotta do a lot to them to make them bullet proof. delete all the problem areas, delete the problems.

since i wrecked mine, i took my dads 2011 dodge laramie to the valley last week. pulling about 15k lbs of citrus, man that truck takes off slow. my ford would leave from a stop as if the load was only like 10k lbs.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info guys!!!!! Keep the comments coming!. Just want to make SURE that I am making a smart move. here.. The DMax hasnt had one single issue in over 3 years. NOT ONE.... Just dont like the way it tows very much and fee like its pretty outdated now.. Have never owned a ford truck. Have had Dodge and Gm. But LOVE mustangs and have had 3. 1 built steeda, 1 GTS and 1 built gt! Love em!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoastfreestyle View Post
Are u not EGR deleted now? From what I gather thats where u see the biggest increase in mileage.. Correct me if im wrong but thats what I have been told..
correction....you r wrong....DPF delete will give you the best MPG
Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEKTER1 View Post
correction....you r wrong....DPF delete will give you the best MPG
Thats what I figured... Thanks for the correction! So are the transmissions in the 6.4 pretty tough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.