Oil Cap Loose? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-13-2011, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil Cap Loose?

Hey all had my truck for a while now but dont hardly ever drive it because of work and i have an old work car. Anyways was forced to drive it the other day and when i came back out i noticed oil on the ground. Looked it over real good and started it up and crawled under waiting to see a leak after it got semi warm oil was coming out good but couldnt tell where from the bottom. I immediately shut engine off. Pulled dipstick and looked to be barely hitting the dipstick, and i mean barely. Well i just reached back there to check oil filter cap and it was a little loose, i turned it all i could by hand, ( had tightened it with socket when i changed it ) Started truck and didnt leak any more, i know it was this because with a flashlight you could see oil all down on the housing the cap sits on. Question is has anybody had a problem with one backing loose and if i wanted to use a torque wrench what can i tighten it to?
post #2 of 2 Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut_7 View Post
Hey all had my truck for a while now but dont hardly ever drive it because of work and i have an old work car. Anyways was forced to drive it the other day and when i came back out i noticed oil on the ground. Looked it over real good and started it up and crawled under waiting to see a leak after it got semi warm oil was coming out good but couldnt tell where from the bottom. I immediately shut engine off. Pulled dipstick and looked to be barely hitting the dipstick, and i mean barely. Well i just reached back there to check oil filter cap and it was a little loose, i turned it all i could by hand, ( had tightened it with socket when i changed it ) Started truck and didnt leak any more, i know it was this because with a flashlight you could see oil all down on the housing the cap sits on. Question is has anybody had a problem with one backing loose and if i wanted to use a torque wrench what can i tighten it to?
Funny u ask...I had my rubber seal tear on my last oil change when I screwed the cap back on. The leak scared the sh out of me but no damage. U might wanna check to make sure ur rubber seal is still good. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

*NEW:
2016 F250 CCSB KR FX4
NL Fab:
---Stage 1 Intake
---EGR shmock off plates
---Flo Pro Exhaust (5" to 6" tip)
---SCT with GH tunes
---Waiting for first Fuel Filter change to install:
---------CCV Mod
---------CTS2 monitor with EGT Probe
Just passed 1,111.1 miles and LOVING IT!

**SOLD:
2010 F250 CC FX4
H&S
AFE Intake
and some other goodies...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode