37's or 35's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
37's or 35's

Should I get 37's or stick with 35's for my next set of tires? I have a leveling kit and plenty of room with the 35's I have currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 831
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i just ordered the 3.5" Readylift leveling kit.. and 37" toyos.. parts will be in this week.. but i wont get a chance to put it on and get pics posted until after new years maybe.. weekends are busy the next few weeks with the holidays.. and its pending my buddies shop is available with all of his tools.. if you can hold out a few weeks.. i'll try to get pics up.. in the mean time.. take a look at this link.. this might help you decide.

2.5 lift 37" toyo factory rims Pictures added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,058
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
i just ordered the 3.5" Readylift leveling kit.. and 37" toyos.. parts will be in this week.. but i wont get a chance to put it on and get pics posted until after new years maybe.. weekends are busy the next few weeks with the holidays.. and its pending my buddies shop is available with all of his tools.. if you can hold out a few weeks.. i'll try to get pics up.. in the mean time.. take a look at this link.. this might help you decide.

2.5 lift 37" toyo factory rims Pictures added

what r the specs on the wheels your going to run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 831
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OEM King Ranch wheels.. same as that guy is running in the link i posted(i know his are lariat wheels, but they are the same specs) .. I know they aren't very wide.. but this is the look im' gong for.. if it doesnt work out the way i want.. i have a buddy that will buy the tires off me.. and i'll end up with 35's.. but i have a good feeling i'm gonna keep the 37's


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: ORYGON
Posts: 1,266
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
OEM King Ranch wheels.. same as that guy is running in the link i posted(i know his are lariat wheels, but they are the same specs) .. I know they aren't very wide.. but this is the look im' gong for.. if it doesnt work out the way i want.. i have a buddy that will buy the tires off me.. and i'll end up with 35's.. but i have a good feeling i'm gonna keep the 37's


your 2.5 lift with 37 looks really good.............im putting on 325/60/20 BFG' t/a's on friday...i have a 2" level with 20x9 rims..... new tires are an inch taller and wider than my current 35"s hope it looks somewhat like yours.... but if those 37" are wider than 12.5", i would never put them on an 8 inch rim...

Last edited by INJEKTER1; 12-13-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 831
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've read about the oem wheel not being wide enough... I looked at the nitto's 37x12.50's But I read some hit or miss reviews on them , I don't want to make an $1800 mistake on tires... And I've seen a few trucks on here with the 37x13.5 Toyo mt's and have heard and read nothing but great things, I just can't to get it put on and ride down the road... Next order of business tho is a dual steering stabilizer and upgraded shocks and then I'll only have a few things left to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: ORYGON
Posts: 1,266
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
I've read about the oem wheel not being wide enough... I looked at the nitto's 37x12.50's But I read some hit or miss reviews on them , I don't want to make an $1800 mistake on tires... And I've seen a few trucks on here with the 37x13.5 Toyo mt's and have heard and read nothing but great things, I just can't to get it put on and ride down the road... Next order of business tho is a dual steering stabilizer and upgraded shocks and then I'll only have a few things left to do
highly recommend the dual stabilizer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.velocityoffroad.com/#/for...010/4539832198
2in leveling kit and 37 nitto

Last edited by RachHandinit; 12-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is the best place with the cheapest price for new 37x12.50r20 nitto trail grapplers? Please help. Got one placing telling me 2,100 for tires and instillation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 831
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amazon Amazon

Amazon.com.. this is gonna be your best bet.. I just ordered 4 37x13.5x20 Toyo MT's for 1886 w/ free shipping.. just have to take them to a shop to get them mounted and balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors