Getting My New 6.4!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Getting My New 6.4!!!!!

Hey guys I'm going tomorrow to buy a 2008 f250 king ranch with 6 inch lift. I'm just wondering if there is anything I need to watch out for/ replace before it breaks besides the egr delete and dpf delete?? Also what's best for the truck as far as performance and upgrading goes??
Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Congrats on the new truck! The oil cooler and the radiator/hoses seem to be weak points for these trucks. The EGR delete will give you reliability and longevity and the DPF delete will give you better fuel mileage and more power.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 AM

Look for any coolant leaking underneath the engine,also look for any other mods besides the lift,intake,exhaust,tuner,to make sure you know what you are getting into...enjoy I love mine!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Hooked on the POWER...

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Also ask if the fuels filters have been changed per ford specs. And if the water seperator has also been drained regularly. I bought the same truck about 4 months ago with 22,000 miles on it and it is at ford right now getting a new motor on my dollar($15,000) because of "lack of maintnance" on the previous owners part. The high pressure fuel pump was rusted and sent debris to the injectors past the filters and hung one of them open and melted a piston. Just a heads up....
Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Congrats on the new ride. Make sure all the TSB's have been done. Normal maintenance is a must. As mentioned before, regularly draining the water separator, radiators tend to split around where it mounts on some trucks and hoses can leak over time due to a single o-ring design which was later changed to a dual o-ring design.

Even if your planning on a DPF/CAT delete, keep in find, fuel dilution can still occur if you perform allot of short trips that don't get the vehicle properly warmed up. These trucks prefer highway travel and towing more then city drivintg. If your looking for a grocery getter, you should take a look at a Humvee instead.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys ill def look at all that and keep that in mind. It's coming from a Ford dealership and is a 1 owner truck that was bought at that dealership and traded back in there with all the service records. I'm hoping its a good truck and from what I've seen so far it should be. Does anyone have any upgrades for the truck extra u might wanna sell??
Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenhood71 View Post
Also ask if the fuels filters have been changed per ford specs. And if the water seperator has also been drained regularly. I bought the same truck about 4 months ago with 22,000 miles on it and it is at ford right now getting a new motor on my dollar($15,000) because of "lack of maintnance" on the previous owners part. The high pressure fuel pump was rusted and sent debris to the injectors past the filters and hung one of them open and melted a piston. Just a heads up....
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM

Check underneath for an oil leak! Have had mine for 3 weeks and is at the dealer for warranty fix. :-(
Old 01-16-2012, 03:26 PM

i change my fuel filters every 10k miles !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.