Newbie looking at a '08 with 74k miles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie looking at a '08 with 74k miles

Hi. Im new to this site. I've been looking at the forums here for a bit about the 6.4's and I'm considering trading off my 2002 V10 on a clean '08 6.4 I've seen this weekend. Being a gasser owner since I've started driving, higher mileage is usually something I don't want to make payments on. However, this one may have changed my mind. Whoever had it seems to have really taken great care of it. I can't find any signs of rust anywhere, and I'm in Illinois. Even the driveshafts and undercarridge looks excellent. I know that I'm not going to expect great fuel mileage, I don't expect it now with the V10, but I'm just looking at it holding it's value over the next few years. I'm just looking for others opinions and experiences on their trucks when the miles get up there. After seeing about the HPFP costs and other things, if I get it, I'm getting an extended warranty, though. Finally, does $29000 seem in the ballpark for it? It's a 2008 F250 Lariat C/C. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Don't you worry about it

sounds pretty decent to me. I have a 2008 CC SB lariat with 93k and was just offered 27k on trade for it so you know they are going to ask over 30 for it.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Diesels are a lot more expensive than a gasser to repair and maintain, especially, at major service intervals. Just brought mine in for the 30,000 mile service and it was $1000. However, diesels do hold their value pretty well. The price seems reasonable for a Lariat trim level with that mileage. Extended warranty is a good idea but make sure you know what's covered and what isn't. There are a lot of things that you'd think would be covered under an extended warranty but Ford considers them consumables which means, you're paying. You also might get bitten by the performance bug or the better fuel mileage bug, which will mean getting rid of the DPF and EGR systems which will void your warranty so If I were you, I'd think about that extended warranty very hard if these are thoughts you may be considering.

Last edited by Alberta Advantage; 12-04-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM

They are great trucks and will out last that V10. I have 190,000 miles on my truck and it is running great. The tranny is holding up great and it has not had any major problems. I would say do it
Old 12-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If I get off of work early enough tomorrow, I may go take it for a drive. I'm going to have a friend at a Ford dealership run the OASIS on it tomorrow, and then see what an extented warranty will run. The V10 has been great, though, just the thing is starting to rust, and I figure I can get the most money out of it while it still looks good and used car prices are up.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Diesels are a lot more expensive than a gasser to repair and maintain, especially, at major service intervals. Just brought mine in for the 30,000 mile service and it was $1000. However, diesels do hold their value pretty well. The price seems reasonable for a Lariat trim level with that mileage. Extended warranty is a good idea but make sure you know what's covered and what isn't. There are a lot of things that you'd think would be covered under an extended warranty but Ford considers them consumables which means, you're paying. You also might get bitten by the performance bug or the better fuel mileage bug, which will mean getting rid of the DPF and EGR systems which will void your warranty so If I were you, I'd think about that extended warranty very hard if these are thoughts you may be considering.
my thirty thousand service was $206

Last edited by INJEKTER1; 12-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWG78 View Post
If I get off of work early enough tomorrow, I may go take it for a drive. I'm going to have a friend at a Ford dealership run the OASIS on it tomorrow, and then see what an extented warranty will run. The V10 has been great, though, just the thing is starting to rust, and I figure I can get the most money out of it while it still looks good and used car prices are up.
carefully consider if you might want to delete somethings in the future before you spend any money on an extended warranty....
Old 12-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEKTER1 View Post
my thirty thousand service was $206
I pay that much for an oil change, at the dealership, here in Canada!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:10 AM

Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWG78 View Post
Don't test drive it unless you're ready to buy it ... I'm not sure it's possible to drive this truck and not take it home with you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.