Hi guys and gals, I am a new member, I have read nearly all the posts regarding the new 6.4. I am a power hound and I think I have jumped the gun as it relates to mods for this vehicle. I installed a AFE Stage II CAI a Magnaflow 5" DPF back system, and a Superchips Flashpaq 1808 Tuner. I have since returned to stock tuning. I know I should have waited to see how these mods would work out, but in my over zealous nature I wanted to "Improve" my ride. (Please no lecture even though I truly deserve one)
Now my problem begins. 2000 miles after installing these Mods I get the infamous check engine light. I returned it to stock tuning and made an appt at the local Ford Dealer. I did not know at the time that the problems might be related to the mods. Anyway, the truck is emitting codes P2002 & P244A, both related to TSB # 19818, titled DPF damage caused by aftermarket equipment. I know the technician and he advised me to
think this through before hooking up to the diagnostics. Although he did not come right out and say it, they insinuated that it might void the warranty. I have read all the hype, people say it will not, some people say it will, some people seem to have success with the very same modifications I have made. Here are my questions, if the readers and or the techs can help me I would be GREATLY APPRECIATIVE...
1. Is it possible to have caused damage to the DPF in 3000 miles?
2. Does anyone know how to solve this problem short of going back to stock?
3. Can anyone share similar situations and how they have dealt with it?
4. Will this combination of mods (which of course is marketed to work with stock electronics and will not void the warranty) work on this vehicle?
5. Should I remove the CAI and try that?
6. Should I remove the MAgnaflow exhaust?
7. Should I remove both and chalk this up to experience?
I know I am asking alot, but I am truly frustrated. Please steer me in the right direction. I have made initial contact with Magnaflow, Superchips and AFE, and although we have just began discussion, they seem to blame eachother, which infuriates me more... HELP! Check engine in Pa... Other than that I love the truck it is a head turner. I will post some pics soon...