After market sound system! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After market sound system!

What type of after market sound system would sound best in my 2008 f-350 dually? Amps? Subs? Components?
Letero337 is offline  
post #2 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Premium Member

 
diesel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 708
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
depends what your looking for ,i just did mine with upgrading all the stock speakers with 6x9"s coaxials , and put all Powerbass equipment , a sub amp asa600.1 ,with a small enclosure with 2-12"s powerbass subs , and a asa600.4 amp for all other speakers ,it fits nice underseat and behind seat with a little room for a jack etc.., im going to change the headunit out anyday to the pioneer avx 4300 , this set up sounded great for all music genre, its really preferance theres several other brands out there, also if you use components unless your a super music lover or want to customize your speaker locations or run an active system i wouldnt recommend components set up ,stick with the coaxial set but 6x9's fit with out modifing ,powerbass has been coming on strong now for over 10 years good reliable stuff for reasonable $, i'm also selling my whole set up to upgrade to memphis audio and a bigger box and subs but once again preferance i want more power!! check out the for sale thread and you can see my set up and how its mounted so you have some ideas !! Good luck

diesel23 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
INJEKTER1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ORYGON
Posts: 1,358
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel23 View Post
depends what your looking for ,i just did mine with upgrading all the stock speakers with 6x9"s coaxials , and put all Powerbass equipment , a sub amp asa600.1 ,with a small enclosure with 2-12"s powerbass subs , and a asa600.4 amp for all other speakers ,it fits nice underseat and behind seat with a little room for a jack etc.., im going to change the headunit out anyday to the pioneer avx 4300 , this set up sounded great for all music genre, its really preferance theres several other brands out there, also if you use components unless your a super music lover or want to customize your speaker locations or run an active system i wouldnt recommend components set up ,stick with the coaxial set but 6x9's fit with out modifing ,powerbass has been coming on strong now for over 10 years good reliable stuff for reasonable $, i'm also selling my whole set up to upgrade to memphis audio and a bigger box and subs but once again preferance i want more power!! check out the for sale thread and you can see my set up and how its mounted so you have some ideas !! Good luck
i love that clear crisp sound also,,,,can you get that by just putting in better speakers, or would you need to drop an amp in to get it more power?


08 F350 MINI MAXX,5"FLO-PRO DPF DELETE, AFE INTAKE,HID'S,BFG A/T'S ON 20" BMF NOVAKANES,TIMBREMS,BLACKED OUT BUMPERS GRILL,STEPS RACING STRIPES,PAINTED HEADLIGHTS ,FABTECH LEVELD,RCX DUAL STABILISERS
INJEKTER1 is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

 
diesel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 708
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
just swapping out speakers would really do wonders anyway , but really adding the amp and a nice set of 5x7 0r 6x8 coaxials would be very nice , but the ulimate in clear crisp sound would be adding a better highend set of coaxials or go with the components , but like any thing else its addicting , thats where im at i want more power!!!

diesel23 is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
smotrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Covina, Ca.
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got the original Audiophile system with an upgraded head unit. Sounds great, crisp sound and very clear.

Shaun

'08 F250 6.4L Lariat 4x4 CC/SRW fully loaded, special ordered
6" Fabtech 2.25 dual shock lift w/18" AR wheels, 35" Toyo AT's
Avic-Z2 Nav/Stereo w/iPod, Bluetooth, XM NavTraffic
(2) Rear headrest mnt DVD entertainment systems
Line-X bedliner
Banks CAI, Dual Exhaust, Six-Gun, Speed Brake & iQ (test vehicle)
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Ravelco Anti Theft Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Santorum
We went into a recession in 2008 because of gasoline prices.
smotrs is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LV-HI-SF
Posts: 156
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Currently in my 08 Harley CCSB I have the new Sony DVD Double DIN HU (got it to just try out the picture quality, which is hands down the best in any HU). Running one Massive N2 mono amp feeding a 10" SS sub, which sounds better then my 2 12" kicker comps that I had in my 07 Harley. For front stage I am running Massive 6.5s (VK series, since it has a better SQ sound then the CKs and Rks) comps just running off the HU for now.
will175 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
chihuahuaford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cactus
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to chihuahuaford
Ive got a alpine dvd all mb quarts mids and highs, 2 jl audio 13.5tw5 behind the rear seat with a jl audio 700/1hd and my favorite a epicenter to bring up the bass on some songs

08 King Ranch f-250 Cat/DPF Delete Job 1 Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, 250 tune 325/60/20 Nitto Terra Grappler Stock Wheels!

08 King Ranch F-250 Cat/DPF Delete Job 3 Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, 275 tune 325/60/20 BFG Mud Terrain KM 2

09 King Ranch F-450 Cat/DPF Delete Spartan Phalanx Flash Console, 275 tune Front Leveling kit 22.5 Pete Style Alcoas with 37" Goodyear tires(16 ply)
chihuahuaford is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuaford View Post
Ive got a alpine dvd all mb quarts mids and highs, 2 jl audio 13.5tw5 behind the rear seat with a jl audio 700/1hd and my favorite a epicenter to bring up the bass on some songs
I was thinking of buying 2 jl 13.5tw5's and 2 jl audio 750.1 hd amps! How does yours sound?
Letero337 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel23 View Post
just swapping out speakers would really do wonders anyway , but really adding the amp and a nice set of 5x7 0r 6x8 coaxials would be very nice , but the ulimate in clear crisp sound would be adding a better highend set of coaxials or go with the components , but like any thing else its addicting , thats where im at i want more power!!!
So I can replace the 6x8's with 6x9's without having to modify anything?
Letero337 is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Premium Member

 
diesel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 708
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
^^^ Letero337 , yes that shouldnt be an issue ,if youy stick with jl audio speakers the ,c3 0r c5"s most are compatable with ford/mazda vechicles anyway, Chihuahuaford i was going to ask the same thing , currently running powerbass 12 subs there only 300w rms , they sound great but wanted to step it up , more lows and bass, is the price tag on the jl"s worth it ?? i was looking into jltw5 ,memphis mr -12, and the alpine type -r ,the memphis and alpine are rated at 600w rms , but jl is a coupe watts more , i will also have to give up all the space and then some for a custom box!!

diesel23 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome