Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Coolant in oil per Blackstone Report ...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NVHunter83 
#1 ·
I received my first Blackstone Report the other day and it stated I have a measurement of 0.08 Antifreeze in my oil. The report also said the potassium and sodium levels were high. The potassium level was 6, (with in the average of 11) while the sodium levels were at 38!, well above the average of 4.

The report also said the aluminum level was high at 23. They stated these #s could point towards an EGR issue. My coolant bottle is consistently an inch low. I have had to replace 2 radiators and they both showed signs of external leaks with spots on the drive way. So I know the low coolant isn't from the radiator.

I have read that the old style EGR valves have caused coolant to leak into the oil, thus causing the low level in the degas bottle. This could explain why I have coolant in my oil per the Blackstone Report right?

Do you guys think this could be my issue? I have the older style EGR valve. Is this something I can change out myself to the new style EGR valve? Can't do an EGR delete because of emissions testing and inspections.

Ill post my oil report once I get home from the holiday.

Thanks for any help...

See less See more
#2 ·
If you can't delete the EGR coolers go with Bullet Proof EGR coolers, a bit pricey put it will give you some piece of mind, just did mine a couple weeks ago when I had studs and chrome moly pushrods installed, you can find the egr coolers @ Bullet Proof Diesel out of Mesa Arizona.

#3 ·
Thanks, is this something I could install myself? Or is it a cab off type of install?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.