Don't shoot!! I won't say the D word. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't shoot!! I won't say the D word.

So at the risk of being killed (or banned), I test drove an 06 CCLB SRW 3500 Cummins 6 spd 4x4. Leveled with 285-70's. Truck has never pulled, ever. Never even had a hitch in the receiver, (it's a virgin truck ). Has 40,000 miles on it. Only wants 22,000. I am really, seriously considering it. Bone stock, I can build how I like. I love cummins, had 12v with 660,000k on it when I sold it, had a 24v with 350,000 when my business went under and I sold out to avoid bankruptcy. I know the common rails are different, but I've read good things about them. This is a terrible place to be posting such blasphemy, I know, but I trust the guys here. Now somebody convince me to buy a 6.4. I want somebody to give me the mods to make respectable power for an affordable price, I don't want to delete necessarily, but I am not against it. We have emissions testing here, but i have a guy I can pay off to pass me...

Get me a consistent 15 city and 20-21 highway, and 13-14 pulling. put me at a comfortable 350-375HP, and ~700-800 TQ. Then find me as good a freaking deal as the cummins, and I'll stay ford, but I'm leaning hard right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 03:20 PM

cant be done, go get your Dodge i hear the motors are reliable....just not worth it to me to have to take everything that goes around it.....IMO
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Only thing I don't like about Dodge is their front ends and transmissions. They seem to go through a lot of components such as ball joints and suffer from death wobble. Also, the stock tranny (auto) can't hold much additional power. Other than those two issues, I don't mind them. Love the new model's interior and exterior styling. Have been looking for an older 12 or 24 valve myself. Really want a dually but most of them seem to be two wheel drive or have ridiculous asking prices of $15,000-$20,000 for a late '90s model with 300,000+ kilometers on them, ripped interior and miscellaneous dents, dings, and scratches.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:49 AM

If you could get that Dodge to look as good as Injektor1's ride... It MIGHT be something to consider.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:23 AM

Go buy that Dodge!! I have on '02 that I bought a couple years ago to flip and make a little money...haven't sold it yet lol. As stated, the trans is a weak spot and the front ends can be problematic but there are TONS of aftermarket fix kits to clean up the front end issues. It's not that the trans is gonna fly apart the first time you romp on it but they won't take much abuse. The front shaft also has a habit of flying apart and destroying floor boards, trans, t-case, wiring and fuel lines but that only happens with people who don't EVER bother to get under the truck and give everything a wiggle/inspection to catch it before it flies apart at the front joint. IMO the Dodge problems are relatively cheap/simple/minor in comparison to the Ford issues under the hood. Dodge trucks are also SUPER cheap and easy to mod/work on compared to the Fords.

Having said that, IMO Ford trucks (not including engine) are a 10/10 for quality, comfort and ride whereas Dodge trucks (not including engine) are maybe a 6 or 7/10. Ever heard the old saying "problem with a Cummins engine is that it comes with a Dodge truck wrapped around it"?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Ever heard the old saying "problem with a Cummins engine is that it comes with a Dodge truck wrapped around it"?

I think someone said that yesterday.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:33 AM

did they? .
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 AM

I've had a lot of dodge diesels and had great luck with every one of them. a clean, low mile 06 is a good score!

my biggest complaint about the 06-09's are the seats... absolutely the worst seats I've ever sat on and a large part of why I'm in a Ford at the moment
Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
did they? .

Read post #2.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Buy the Dodge, that motor is a beast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.