Tonneau cover - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 02:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tonneau cover

My friend has a 3 piece rollback tonneau cover that he swears by,are these style covers worth looking into if so who makes a good one and where could one be purchased at a reasonable cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Tonopro

This is the one I have and love it! Plus it's pretty cheap. I use to have a hard cover that was like 500 lbs and a pain to put on and remove. This one is good, light and cheap. I can install it or take it off in about 30 secs by myself.

TonnoPro Pickup Tonneau Covers ? Tri-Fold Truck Topper Applications
Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The folds back covers are nice because they don't cost as much and are easier to manage compared to the full one piece covers.

Personally, I like the roll back covers and have been entertaining the idea if getting a Pace Edwards when the time is right, i.e. have the money to spare.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERYDAY J View Post
My friend has a 3 piece rollback tonneau cover that he swears by,are these style covers worth looking into if so who makes a good one and where could one be purchased at a reasonable cost.
ask your friend, i think he has one?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 AM

I have a Roll-n-Lock tonneau cover. The only other cover I was considering was the Bak Industries Bak Flip. I went with the Roll-n-Lock because I personally thought it would be more secure as I have the tailgate step. I was thinking that if a thief were to pop the tailgate step up and use a coat hanger or something similar that they could pull the wire that latches the cover, getting into the bed. I am very pleased with my Roll-n-Lock. It did require some slight modifications in order to fit with the tailgate step. I had to cut that rippled plastic panel on the tailgate in order to get the end cap mounted. Also, if you live where there is a lot of freezing and thawing, you may have issues getting the Roll-n-Lock to retract. Kind of have to work it back and forth to get it open and closed.

It really depends what you want your tonneau cover for. The Roll-n-Lock and Bak Flip are probably the best for taking up the least amount of space in the bed of the truck with the Roll-n-Lock being more secure in m opinion.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:49 PM

I have a Truxedo roll up cover and love it! I bought this one because it was cheap and I wasn't sure I would like it but I couldn't do with out it now. Keeps everything dry and out from under prying eyes. Most people won't break into something if they can't see whats in it.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:09 PM

I have an "access limited" and I have no complaints but I probably should have just saved my money and gotten a hard roll up cover like pace edwards or jackrabbit, I looked at the hard tri fold covers but I have a habit of buying something unexpectedly and those tri folds I would have to take off and store somewhere in my truck. Problem is I never seem to have room for anything in my truck. let alone something that size. I have heard good things about the bak-flip ones, and their pricing is great.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a "Fold-A-Cover" folding hard cover. It folds in 4 sections. You can also just open the front section (like a tool box). Nice but does leak some water.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:25 AM

I have the full one-piece hard fiberglass cover by ARE. It is a nice cover and looks good but I hate it for functionality. It is very heavy and removing/installing it is a pain in the a$$. I have a truck camper, so most of the summer it just sits outside (off the truck). It came with my used truck. I will probably sell it and buy one of the tri-folds. Anything that keeps my stuff dry and is easy to completely remove by ONE person.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Premium Member

I have the Extang Trifecta Solidfold. I originally had the soft one but then upgraded to the hard one when that one got destroyed in a wind storm. It's pricey ($800) but unbelievably solid. My sister, niece, girlfriend and myself sat on top of it on lawn chairs during the 4th of july firework show and had the beat seat in the house. It latches to the inside on your bed rails which keeps your stuff secured when locking your tailgate. It weighs about 40 pounds making install/removal a one man operation if need be.

Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover | Extang Solid Fold Truck Bed Cover | Extang Factory Outlet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.