Door lock code question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Door lock code question

I purchased a 2008 used so I don't know what the dealer code is for the door lock buttons on the door. I looked in the manual and it says to enter the dealer code first in order to change the combo. How do I find out what it is, is there a place on the vehicle that says or is it something I need to take to a dealer and pay him to get it
Also how hard is it to program another remote? I found them on ebay but not sure if its as easy as they say it is
Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the code will be on a little plastic card about the size of a credit car usually tucked in the owners manual.....if its not there thentake it to the deler
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
no card I was hoping not having to take it to the dealer. I have a Mini Maxx coming tomorrow and I wanted to get it all set up this week. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to take it there with the delete and the tuner huh Thanks for the response I appreciate the help
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
when i bought my 2007 backin 2009 i had it about a week and then called the salesman that sold it to me,and i asked him why i had the keyless entry on the door and he didn't give me the code??? he told me to bring it back and he would have service look it up for free. when i got there he looked it up for free, BUT if i wanted to change it i would have to cover the fee.

the nice thing was it was easy to think of. second if you have the actuall code there is a do it your self process.... don't quote me(because i never tried it.) you enter the "set" code twice then enter the new code twice and it saves the info.

About the keyless fob i bought mine (only one) straight from ford for $50.00 programed. i was going to go with ebay ones but leary on them working with my truck...either way you will have to pay ford to do those.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 PM

There is a way to find the code, I believe it's written on the module, there is a write up on it around here somewhere. Search and you shall find. I found that out after I took it to the dealer and paid $65 to get the code. If you have 2 working remotes you should be able to program another, again there is a write up on it around here somewhere.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 PM
information regurgitator

All you really need to know is where the door lock module is. There is a sticker right on the module that has the code on it. It helps to be a bit of a contortionist, have a flashlight and an inspection mirror.
I don't know if "they" moved the module for the newer year trucks, but for the older style (I have an 06) it was bolted to the firewall behind the radio. Black box about twice the size of a pack of cigs.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlarkin View Post
no card I was hoping not having to take it to the dealer. I have a Mini Maxx coming tomorrow and I wanted to get it all set up this week. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to take it there with the delete and the tuner huh Thanks for the response I appreciate the help
i take mine in like that if need be.....most dont care unless you take it like that and you have major tranny issues....tuning has nothing to do with your door code. FYI....its a 5 digit code if you look on the module...

Last edited by INJEKTER1; 11-22-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Only takes about 5 minutes to get. Take off the passenger side kick panel, there is a black or silver box mounted which should have some stickers on the back with various numbers on it. Just removing 2 screws you should be able to move it over enough to see the stickers on the back, and one of the numbers should be the 5 digit code you need. I couldn't find the one everyone talked about behind the radio.

Last edited by reighnman; 11-26-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM

A bit off subject but does anyone else thinks it's pretty stupid they don't provide a code to unlock all 4 doors? They could have easily added an optional 6th digit to use if you want to unlock all doors. Instead you have to unlock, open door, unlock the rest of the doors, shut door, then open the door you needed access too. Amazing how these "genius" engineers miss the smallest and simplest things sometimes!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thero View Post
A bit off subject but does anyone else thinks it's pretty stupid they don't provide a code to unlock all 4 doors? They could have easily added an optional 6th digit to use if you want to unlock all doors. Instead you have to unlock, open door, unlock the rest of the doors, shut door, then open the door you needed access too. Amazing how these "genius" engineers miss the smallest and simplest things sometimes!
Press the 3-4 button after entering the unlock code to unlock all doors. pushing 7-8 and 9-0 together will lock all doors and activate the alarm. I have had lots of practice since I owned 3 Lincolns prior to my F-350. You can also change the auto unlock auto lock thing from the key pad as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.