Tired of truck being messed with!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Tired of truck being messed with!!!

No i am not talking about a Ford dealers screwings stuff up ...

My 2007 F-350 was stolen after i had it 6 -7 months, in broad daylight! Well i replaced it with a 2008 F-250. I love the truck, you can see my mod list below. When i got the truck i installed a Ravelco (8 way kill switch custom key). It is a very good product and i would recommend it to anyone. So i am not worried about anyone getting away with the truck.

Well i walked out to my newest pride and joy and found that some jack hole destroyed the locking mechanism!!! It does not appear that said jack hole got into the truck, but he sure worked it over.

No i don't leave anything in the truck of any value but my mini max. So if someone got in i am sure they would take it.

I am lookin into replacing the front driver door handle with a driver rear door handle.

Are there any jimmy jammer products that people like?

I have also thought about an alarm, but all the ones i have had usually cause more electrical problems than anything else.

I know i cannot keep anyone from breaking my window isn't tint a deturant for that?

Sorry for rammbling, i just need help.

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As far as jimmy jammers go, when I was looking into them, the product that was recommended to me by the dealership was made by Jimmi Jammer. For tint, not all tints will be able to prevent shattered/broken windows. Had a window shattered even though I had 7 mil film. I now have Llumar Automotive Safety and Security Film installed. Not sure how it will hold up as no one has tried to break in. But the videos on their site did enough convincing.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Premium Member

Damn dude! Where do you live? Ive never heard of someone trying to steal someones truck twice! Jesus. Id install some sort of mini camera to get that punk on tape and pop a cap in his *** for messing with my Pride n' Joy. Damn id nearly kill the bastard.

Glad she didn't get taken!

Tom
Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's some bad luck man sorry to hear that! I'd tint the crap out of the windows. I did two layers on mine just to try and help deter thieves. You have to know a good inspection shop but, I have not had a problem ever in over 16 years on all my trucks. You just have to know where to take it. I keep alot of stuff in my truck for work and 35% just won't cut it.

I think they won't break in to steal what they can't see or it will deter it any way.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:46 PM

I vote for the cameras and 12 gauge... "fool me once, shame on me...fool me twice, your dead"... Isnt that how the quote goes??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 11-15-2011, 06:00 PM

You can pull the handle out and weld in a small plate behind the keyhole. Ford has never been good about break-in deterrents (ie the OBS triangle window or the 99-12 door handles). With the 99-12, if it's difficult for someone to get leverage, they may be less inclined to break in so that's where the plate comes in immediately behind the keyhole.

Bottom line, if someone wants in your truck, they're going to get in. Sad but true.

Let us know when you catch the people on camera...
Old 11-15-2011, 06:30 PM

I live in calgary and got my 6.0 stolen from a job site when i was 100ft away from it...so i replaced it with my new 08..they found the 6.0 a month and a half later it had 9000 more km that the thiefs put on it!!!! since ive had my 08 I have got it broken into twice both times costing me over $450 all so they could take the 4 bucks out of my cup holder....If i see someone breaking into my vehicle or someone else's for that matter ill gladly take an assault charge
Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 AM

here's a good stolen truck story.........

my buddy is in the air force, has an '01 PSD that got stolen while he was on deployment in Tucson, AZ. it got recovered some time later with the interior completely stripped out (other than the driver's seat), and some VERY dark window tint was put ON the truck. all of electronic gadgets were also stripped out of the truck. it was found in the middle of the desert in southern AZ along with several other pickups of similar description. any guesses as to what is was being used for............

running drugs and illegals across the border! the rest of the truck was pretty much undamaged.

shortly after he got the truck back, it was parked in a parking garage and some a-hole tried to steal it again! thankfully the idiot wasn't successful.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 AM

what about using a kill switch? it won't keep them from getting in or taking things out of the truck, but at least they won't get the whole enchilada
Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
I live in calgary and got my 6.0 stolen from a job site when i was 100ft away from it...so i replaced it with my new 08..they found the 6.0 a month and a half later it had 9000 more km that the thiefs put on it!!!! since ive had my 08 I have got it broken into twice both times costing me over $450 all so they could take the 4 bucks out of my cup holder....If i see someone breaking into my vehicle or someone else's for that matter ill gladly take an assault charge
Holy crap! Dude I hope you don't buy lottery tickets !

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.