08' F-450 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08' F-450

Anyone have the new F-450? I was looking at them. Very Nice. I was wanting to know how they are doing?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 AM
Big Daddy!

Just do not run Biodiesel in them!

AutoblogGreen

There was one recently that the guy ran High % Bio in, and Ford tried to say it was the Bio, when in reality it was probably more of an injector problem. The truck only had 200 miles on it ! Ford was trying to deny warranty, but ended up having to honor the warranty, because the burden of proof is on Ford to prove what caused catostrophic failure. I still think I would wait at LEAST one year, maybe two years, for the problems to be worked out. I bought my truck in December, specifically because I did not want a new engine first year! I would think you could quite easily find an 07 450 around. At least you know what you are getting a little more with that engine! How much work will this be doing? Miles, Weight, etc?

Just my

Good luck, they are SWEET looking Trucks!

Bob!

Last edited by robertcarmel; 08-31-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I own a company called Precision Motorsports and I do performance work on motorcycles & atv's. I have a Mobile Dyno and the trailer is 28ft. I pull it to shops and event to do Hp shootout's.

I have a 00' F250 7.3 and the motor is good but the suspension is worn out. This truck has pulled that trailer from Mississippi to PA. I mainly travel localy here in VA now.

I like the look of the 450 and the towing capability. Just wondering how they are doing. You are right on first year motor's. Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 AM
Big Daddy!

I think there was a small regen problem with fires, but I think it might have been blown outta proportion a little? dunno for sure?!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The info you need is here. I believe if you want it, get it. If there is a problem, fix it. There has not been too much trouble if you don't try to fix what ain't broke.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
The only thing is the flame problem but that was a program errar, that is now fixed before they are sold.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Big Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedSI View Post
The only thing is the flame problem but that was a program errar, that is now fixed before they are sold.

Read my post above, there is an injector problem as well that Ford is reluctantly fessin up to!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:12 PM

From first hand experience... The 450's sucks ALOT of fuel...i'm talking maybe 8-9mpg on a good day. If you are looking to buy this truck for recreational/personal use make sure you have deep pockets for the fuel bill. If it's a work truck, like mine, then it's parked unless it's making money. Other than that it is a GREAT truck and does it's job at 110%.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
Wow thats weard you say that, i have a buddy that has several for his pivite company, and he was saying all 9 of his get in the teens. anywhere from 14-19 with out a load
Old 09-02-2007, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedSI View Post
Wow thats weard you say that, i have a buddy that has several for his pivite company, and he was saying all 9 of his get in the teens. anywhere from 14-19 with out a load
a 6.4 getting up to 19mpg? How many miles on those beasts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.