Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Spartan tune questions

647 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  08 King Ranch 
#1 ·
I sent this email to the Spartan tech support guys, I figured I'd post it up to take your opinion, feel free to give me some advice thanks:) "Just picked up my tuner today, I have the race tunes 40-350 (correct me if I'm wrong) and the standard tunes, and the cat/dpf delete pipe. (stock down pipe, stock muffler/tips). First of my questions- I have only run the 210 tune, I love it, very fast and responsive, I have notice a subtle jolt when I get off the gas all the way, and the same thing when I barely apply it. It makes me nervous about the transmission. Should I be concerned? Surely after the first day I shouldn't be experiencing problems. Second question- how much can my truck honestly handle? It's a 2008 f-250 4 door with the 6 3/4 bed. I don't want to jam it to the floor and blow a gasket or something. Third question- when the screen is on the 3 gauge cluster on the spartan theme, the very left gauge, I'm not sure what it is. I know the middle is boost and the right is something along the lines of "EGTS" or something like that. Anyways, the one on the right shows the needle to be right around 180 degrees right close to maxing out. What is that and should it concern me? Fourth and final question- do I need to buy a down pipe and muffler?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
-Brooks"

#2 ·
ok well i dont run a Spartan ,but i do have a tuned truck...your "egt's are exhaust gas temps... you want to monitor those and set your defuel at 1450...the other could be coolant, another one to watch, i defuel mine at 220'...the one thing to remember.......if you tune your truck....you have to pay attention to ****, you have to be involved and learn about what you are doing and the machine you are running.......if not get your self a Tundra and have a nice day.

so ask questions, a lot of questions and learn from the people on this 4m...they will give you a body of hands on straight up knowledge that you cant get anywhere...:ORG welcome:

ps...i had 2 vodka cokes..dont mean to sound preachy:liar:

#3 ·
haha I'm only 16, I'm trying to figure all this stuff out, what is defueling?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.