What mods are necessary to delete dpf? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What mods are necessary to delete dpf?

I am looking at buying a 2008 f250 but i know the fuel mileage isnt good and was wondering what needs to be done to improve that? I have heard you need to delete the dpf but i dont know if that is just putting on an aftermarket exhaust or do i have to add a tuner? And is there anything i should look for that could be wrong with it? It is a super clean truck and has 131000 miles on it . It was a service rig for a construction company and i am suprised at how clean it is for knowing where it came from. It was bought and servised regularly at the dealer it is at. The steering it tight and the ride is smooth. If any of you veterns have any advise i would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You'll need a tuner to do the DPF delete. You'll also need either a delete pipe or a full exhaust system. The delete pipe will be the cheaper of the two. I'd also recommend an intake and to prolong longevity and reliability, an EGR delete. If the truck was serviced regularly at the dealer, then all the recalls have been performed on it so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks any certain companies better than others when it comes to tuners and exhaust for the 6.4?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Old 10-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch

H&S, sct or spartan. if you dont want to spend a bunch of money a delete pipe is perfect. as long as your not planning on running 345hp tunes. or racing.

Heres a couple of options--

Ford 6.4L Powerstroke H&S Mini Maxx and DPF Delete Pipe Power Package

Ford F250 F350 Powerstroke Diesel 6.4L DPF/CAT DELETE SCT Live 08-10 | eBay

SPARTAN TUNER PHALANX 08-10 POWERSTROKE 6.4L DPF DELETE on eBay!

my personal preference is h&s. but there is nothing wrong with either 3. mainly depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want
Old 10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I really just better mpg but I would like to have all the extra power when I want it.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 PM

Oh, once you get the extra power .... you want it ALL the time!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Emergency Services

I would wait a little bit on the tuner side of it, Matt with Gearhead Performance has been beta testing some new tunes, a while back he was claiming low twenties with a crew cab long bed dually...I would personally run one of his tunes that will get better mileage over a lot of other companies who aren't concerned with mileage. Just fyi.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis60 View Post
Thanks any certain companies better than others when it comes to tuners and exhaust for the 6.4?
H&S Performance tuners are the best on the market in my opinion. We have ran pretty much everything out there and the H&S Mini Maxx cant be beat. The tuning and features of the unit are excellent and they have the best customer support in the business should you have any issues. Dont waste your time on ebay, give us a holler and we can go over all of the different options available and help you make the best decision for your truck. We also have several different package deals that will save you quite a bit of money.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

As far as the exhaust goes do you want one with the bungs or without and would you have any back pressure problems with a 5" without a muffler. It might seem like I'm new to diesels but this is just my first Ford and my first newer diesel with all the emissions crap on it. And I hate to say it but I've been without a diesel for 3 long years and I'm definitely missing it. My last diesel was a 01 cummins that I traded in for a extended cab gas and at the time it seemed like a good idea but now I ready to get a real truck again so I really appreciate all of your guys help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.