no smoke when exhaust cleaning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no smoke when exhaust cleaning

i have put 5000kms on my truck now and have seen the exhaust cleaning thing go on a bunch of times but i never see any smoke when it does it and it doesnt last long maybe 5 seconds at the most. do you guys get alot or any smoke when its doing the cleaning? dumb question here regen is exhaust cleaning right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Little Smoke

I somtimes see a little white smoke during regen, but only if I have the hammer down. My regen does last a lot longer than 5 seconds, usually at least 5 minutes.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

really 5 minutes? wow i always let my truck warm up in the morning since its getting colder sometimes it smokes then but i thought it only cleaned it when its warm
Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes they can on occasion smoke during regen, (other than in regen it shouldn't smoke) What color smoke are you getting? But don't be worried allot of them do it and when it does it may be blueish which is also apparently not unusual. I have had my truck for about 15000miles and I have only seen it smoke 3 times. I haven't seen mine go into regen if its cold, so if its smoking white and the engine is cold and its damp out it may be an intercooler problem, there was a recall or something, hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along. Where are you located? I'm asking because I done see people use Kilometers (as opposed to miles) People might get the wrong idea and think your Canadian or something.......
Old 10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yea i live in ontario canada it have only seen it smoke when its cooler out so like 6 degrees it could be just fine but i figure i ask u guys for some info
Old 10-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is that 6 degrees F or C? Just messing with you! What I meant by "cold" was is the engine cold? OR had you been driving for a while and the engine is warmed up to normal operating temp. So if it smokes on "Cold" and damp startup look into the intercooler issue, otherwise its normal. Sorry if I made that confusing. Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yea i just noticed it yesterday morning when i fired it up but there is a good possibility that it could be my intercooler sometimes the turbo doesnt seem like it spools up according to the gage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.