Things to look at/for when buying 2008 F250 4x4 (6.4 diesel) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Things to look at/for when buying 2008 F250 4x4 (6.4 diesel)

Im going to look at a 2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x4 with 65,500 miles on it today...If its everything this guys says it is then I'm going to buy it....He is asking $35,000 with a bumper to bumper 100,000 extended warranty...He is the 2nd owner of the truck....What are somethings I should look for or listen for when driving this truck?.... The truck is completely stock....This will be my first diesel to own....I have driven diesels in the past for work, but they had the 7.3 in them....I know when I was looking at the 6.0's I was advised to bring something to check the gauges with to make sure everything was working correctly...Should I do the same with this vehicle....I know there are issues with 6.4 but are they as bad the 6.0's were?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

In general they shouldn't be anywhere as bad as the 6.0's were, Check to see if its a job 1. (Do a search if you don't know what a job1,2,3 is) If it is maby think twice as they can have some issues, most importantly the radiator. But not matter what check thats its not leaking coolant. I am also wondering how the 2nd owner can offer you a warranty? Are you sure he's not talking about the factory 5yr/100K powertrain warranty? Because they all have that. IF its a ford dealer get an Oasis report before you sign. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

He purchased the vehicle from a local Ford dealership...Thats how he got the extended warranty...And the DPF has just been replaced along with the radiator, hoses, and canister....I went and drove the truck earlier this evening....This truck is beautiful and everything is still tight whn driving...Gonna think about it over the weekend and make my decision sunday or monday....
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Allot of the design of the 6.4 was to address the issues that were found with the 6.0. So it's stronger and more durable then the 6.0 is.

Best of luck with your decision.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 PM
"God Like" F350

got my 6.4 for 29,000 at a dealer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.