Need advice on 2008 used 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need advice on 2008 used 6.4

I have a family member looking at at a used 6.4. I had someone run an Oasis report on the truck...it had the raditor...and a new motor at 30 k becuase of a hydrolock....The guys also has a dpf delete with no tuner that i can see...just a switch...and a bunch of wires under the dash are cut. The truck has 82k and will let it go for 28k...It runs well...seems like it has the dipstick leak....what do you guys think
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i believe i'd walk away from that one.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Just the fact it had the writing under the dash messed up, would make me weary. Sounds like a problem just waiting to happen.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Couldn't the "cut wires' under the dash just be for the uplifter switches? But DPF delete with out a tuners? Hmm sounds like it could be a previously tuned/ DPF deleted truck with the tuner removed and moved to the previous owners new ride. But why no codes :shrug
Not to much info to go on , so just speculation at this point ...
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 AM

Id find out what the wires go to and then buy your own turner. Shouldnt have any problems. Id just make sure you get a extended warrenty if they will give it to you, but they might not with the dpf delete. That might also give you a little more wiggle room to knock em down a little.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 AM

up fitter switch wires are capped and bundled, there are only 4, i would not think seeing them would give the impression that " a bunch of wires are cut" i would look into those cut wires to see what they r.... there should not be cut wires under dash...at all.......in general price seems a little high either way..
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericr712 View Post
Id find out what the wires go to and then buy your own turner. Shouldnt have any problems. Id just make sure you get a extended warrenty if they will give it to you, but they might not with the dpf delete. That might also give you a little more wiggle room to knock em down a little.
if the dealer is selling this with the delete....you can probably get the extended warranty for free, as long as all work is done with them only...i dont think they r supposed to sell a truck with the emissions removed.. my friend bought a tuned duramax of the lots and got that deal...
Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

New radiator, motor (how long is warranty now?), dpf delete with no tuner, leaks, etc.
Truck is not worth the $28k but only about $20k on the top side.
How much will it take to get it back to stock and then upgrade, ($2k - $8k)
Old 10-12-2011, 04:33 PM

Thanks guys for the input....we found the tuner...it was behind the back seat...which is a H&S. The truck is not on a Ford dealer lot, its on a lot that sells alot of HD trucks. The fuel gauge and DTE does not work, which leads me to believe that explains the cut wires, and it has a stuck caliper. I inspected it further and it appears to have the dipstick oil leak. According to the report, there is a good chance that it never saw the dpf for very long, which is good. The truck is also lifted, has aftermarket rims, and Nitto tires. They also lowered the price to 27k and we insisted that the repairs be made. It runs strong and peels some rubber off those tires...any thoughts?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:15 PM

H&S tunes using Blaxx Maxx/Mini Maxx will operate on what ever last setting was (stock, mild, wild, or hot) with the unit removed. This explains one possible reason for why no codes with DPF delete.
As for your fuel gauge and DTE (lie-o meter) not working, Could an aux fuel tank been in the truck and someone wired in a second fuel tank ending unit using a switch or something? (just throwing out ideas here) Since your fuel gauge reads empty (no signal) could we assume this is why the DTE is also not working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.