Traded the 6.0 for the 6.4 WOW. Have questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Traded the 6.0 for the 6.4 WOW. Have questions

So my wife talked me into getting rid of my long time loyal 6.0 and bought a 2008 6.4 a few days ago and all I have to say is wow. I can't believe this thing, what a difference the power and the suspension amazing. Only draw back is that it lets a few drops of coolant fall under the radiator on drivers side and a few from what looks like the lower radiator hose where it goes into the motor but it only has 75K miles on her so the warranty should handle that, correct? I have another question. The truck has what looks like a 6" lift (pro comp) 35" tires and its a long bed. When starting to accelerate from a stop at about 5mph there is a small vibration that seems to be from the back end and only last for a second at most. My friend has had many lifted trucks and says thats normal, all his lifted trucks including an 09 Super Duty does it. My question, is this normal to any of you, or should this be a concern? I never felt this on my 6.0 but it was a smaller lift. Does it have to do with something requiring traction bars? I don't think its that big a deal but I just thought I would ask besides its been a little while since I have been on the forum. So what do you guys suggest for any fun things to do to the 6.4? Time to up date my info, kinda exciting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats on the 08!! Most guys with lifts will install trac bars, because axle wrap is a problem with these trucks when adding high Hp tuners. As far as the leak, 08s had problem with cracked radiators and warranty covers it. Also I'd look into tuning by H&S, Spartan and SCT with a DOC/DPF delete. Tuning these trucks make them a monster!!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Warranty will not cover the hoses. My truck has 80k and I just had to change out the o rings on the upper and lower hoses
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Sounds like the o-ring's are failing on the hoses. Whereas the warranty will cover the o-ring replacement, it won't cover the hoses themselves. And it's recommended to have the double o-ring hoses installed to prevent future leaks. If you opt for the single o-ring, you will probably have to upgrade down the road, most likely when it is out of warranty.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Sounds like the o-ring's are failing on the hoses. Whereas the warranty will cover the o-ring replacement, it won't cover the hoses themselves. And it's recommended to have the double o-ring hoses installed to prevent future leaks. If you opt for the single o-ring, you will probably have to upgrade down the road, most likely when it is out of warranty.
radiator is still covered at 75,000 miles? i thought that all ended at 36,000 mile warranty
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Went and looked it up again, your right, "Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage".

Strange thing is, I had mine in for the hoses leaking a couple weeks ago, bad o-rings well after the 3/36k expired. When I mentioned the TSB, he went and checked and mentioned the above to me. So, it's worth asking if you can't afford the new hose replacement at this time.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did a little research today ontop of what you guys said about the warranty on the radiator and the maybe hose too. Called a few of the Ford dealerships and first off here in Vegas they are not very friendly. He said ya the 08 had an issue with the radiators but to bad I was to late to get that covered. Won't go into specifics but they basically laughed at me and said don't even need to look at it to say not covered. They said warranty will only cover just the motor or what is touching the motor. If the hose is not touching the motor than to bad. I'm sure there is more explanation but thats all I was told. I was just asking if it was covered or if I needed to pay for it I just want it fixed not trying to get a hand out, guess they are very sensitive with the word warranty. No biggie I guess today I took it to the dealership I bought it and they were surprised that Ford blew me off like that too. They said they will take care of the radiator and the other hose leak for me I just needed to leave it with them for a few days to get a few other minor things fixed also. They are a good outfit there bought many vehicles from them just wish they sold Ford trucks normally

On the other note what are some good Trac bars to go with?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:40 PM

And how are the radiator hoses not touching the motor? I guess the coolant has to jump a gap from the engine to the hoses in order to cycle through the radiator. These people and their lies. Referring the dealer not you to avoid confusion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.