Originally Posted by etalian
I have a family friend that may be selling his 2008 6.4 (not sure on Job number) to upgrade to a 2011/12 6.7. It's a beautiful black and gold King Ranch and I believe that he'd make me a good deal on it and I'd be getting rid of my Titan. But I do have a couple questions though and I hope that y'all will help me answer them.
1. I keep reading all these threads on here about how bad the 6.4 is and how Ford really screwed up...yada yada. Is the 6.4 as bad as I hear? Is it another 6.0?
2. How much would it cost to do a DPF delete, tune, and intake? I'm not going to upgrade to another truck that gets the same mileage as my Titan with more expensive fuel.
3. How reliable are these trucks with a tune? I don't want to go crazy and roll coal. But I love to put a rice burner in it's place from time to time.
4. It seems like everyone is pleased with the H&S MiniMaxx, DPF delete, and AFE Stage 2 Intake. What kind of hp/tq/mpg numbers should I expect with those installed?
5. Is the EGR delete necessary for someone who doesn't want to do crazy tunes? Or is it just a matter of reliability?
Thanks so much guys and I look forward to hearing your responses.
these trucks are great, you have to remember what you read on forums 9 times out of 10 are peoples problems from the truck, and if you go with h$s mini maxx, exhaust, and cai your going to be looking in the 560-590 hp range and i want to say 1100 lb ft of torque so the answer to #3 is yes you will smoke the hell out of a ricer, and when i say smoke i mean literally, the answer to #5 is most people do it for a reliability thing i plan on doing it as soon as i get the extra money. the h&s turns off the egr electronically but, you can still have failers just not as common. If you have any more questions about the H&S just let me know if your leaning more towards spartan hopefully someone else will chime in Both are great tunes with big power gains.