Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

B and W Hitch Removal

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  matt081288 
#1 ·
So when I bought my truck... it had a B and W turnover ball gooseneck hitch on it. I am thinking of taking it off of the truck but am wondering what would be the best way to cover up the hole left in the bed? any ideas?

#2 ·
if your good with a low voltage welder start tackin lol

#4 ·
Even if you're not good, if your truck doesn't have a spray in bedliner, just tack a piece of metal and then get your bed Line-X'ed. The tacked piece doesn't have to look pretty since it would be covered by Line-X.

#5 ·
I want to take it out because I never use the fifth wheel. None of our big trailers use it. and plus while i am off at school i tow very rarely.

And i aint worth two cents with a welder you guys. Anything mechanical sure.... but welding not so much.

#6 ·
Much less hassle to just turn the ball over.... ya know "Turn-over-ball"..... Or you could have a plate welded over the hole but it wont match the rest of the floor, so you could try local b&w dealers and see if they can save the blanks they cut from customers beds and hope you get lucky and find one that matches up. But either way your going to want it welded in. A local welding shop can probably do it in about 5 mins and for about $20 assuming you have the plate/blank for them to weld in. Hitch + installation was $500 for mine so you probably wont get more than a couple (maby 3) hundred for it.

#8 ·
just the gooseneck. and as far as what i would want i really dont know. make me an offer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.