Tpms error - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tpms error

Hey y'all just seeing I anyone else has experienced this. I was driving home from work a few days ago in a flood I'm talking 8 inches of rain in a few hours kinda flood. While I was driving in this my tpms light came on and won't go off, I've checked the air and they're all at 65psi. What can I do to get this dang annoying light off?!? I would have posted this in the trouble section but this doesn't pertain to motor tranny or drivetrain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM

try disconnecting batteries for about 20 min and plug back it. that should reset the computer. doesnt hurt to try man
goodluck
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks bud I'm going to try that. Anybody else got any input? Anybody else experienced this?!?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM

My right rear sensor has been acting up for a few months now. I've tried everything from disconnecting the batteries, reseting the sensors and switching tires around. I still get that damn error on the first 20 miles on the highway and it comes and goes from there. I'm not worried because I've ordered new wheels and tires and will be getting that gadget from H&S that allows you to shut the system off. Hope you have better luck than I.

Also look in the manual to see how you reset the sensors with that little button in the owners book. You have to press brake, cycle ignition a few times, press and hold brake and then cycle keys again. Then you come around with that tool and reset every sensor at the tire.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmarquis View Post
My right rear sensor has been acting up for a few months now. I've tried everything from disconnecting the batteries, reseting the sensors and switching tires around. I still get that damn error on the first 20 miles on the highway and it comes and goes from there. I'm not worried because I've ordered new wheels and tires and will be getting that gadget from H&S that allows you to shut the system off. Hope you have better luck than I.

Also look in the manual to see how you reset the sensors with that little button in the owners book. You have to press brake, cycle ignition a few times, press and hold brake and then cycle keys again. Then you come around with that tool and reset every sensor at the tire.
Thanks bud I'll check the manual out and work on resetting the sensors. I ordered the H&S mini max this morning, is that what your talking about that can disable the tire sensors?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:13 AM

I believe they came out with a little plug that goes into the OBD port while you flash the computer with the mini maxx. As far as I know its about 100 dollars
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have one that has gone out too. I used my tpms scan tool to find the bad one and still haven't replaced it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.