Keyless - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keyless

As some may know, I was recently a victim of a punched lock. Wasn't too bad fortunately, but there is some minor damage to the lock and the handle. So, was thinking of buying a left rear door handle, painting it white, and replacing the front. I obviously wouldnt have a key hole anymore but, I dont think, out of the past 5 cars Ive ever used the key to unlock the car, PLUS the truck has the keypad. If anyone has done this or has opinions let me know. This way when someone tries to punch the lock, they will be confused , but then they might break the glass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sredmyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMF250 View Post
As some may know, I was recently a victim of a punched lock. Wasn't too bad fortunately, but there is some minor damage to the lock and the handle. So, was thinking of buying a left rear door handle, painting it white, and replacing the front. I obviously wouldnt have a key hole anymore but, I dont think, out of the past 5 cars Ive ever used the key to unlock the car, PLUS the truck has the keypad. If anyone has done this or has opinions let me know. This way when someone tries to punch the lock, they will be confused , but then they might break the glass
My truck is like that. I did not do it (bought it that way) but the first time I went to fill the truck up, after I bought it, the damn thing spontaneously locked on me. I had left my keys with the remote at home so the wife could take the fob to get new batteries while I was at work. Further since I had just bought the truck (just picked it up the evening before) I had not yet learned or memorized the key pad code...I was screwed.

I ended up sitting there blocking the diesel pump for about an hour until my wife got there with the remote so I could open my truck.

Never did figure out why it locked like that and fortunately it has never done it again.

Having said all that I kinda like the look of it with out a key hole.

Steve
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

i think it's a great idea, also look into Jimmi Jammers. I installed them on my old GMC.
Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices
Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok well im going to order an OEM rear left door handle (black) for $30 and have it painted to match, might be $20. $50 isnt bad to keep those low lifes out.

Yeah im looking into the Jimmi Jammer as well...
Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

I put the Jimmi Jammer kit on my truck. Not too hard to install, just takes a little time. I would definitely recommend it!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Premium Member

+ on the Jimmi Jammer
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I wish I wouldve did this rear door handle mod about 2 months ago when I got the entire truck repainted, cause last week someone broke into my truck an took my entire system while my wife an kids were asleep. An since the factory alarm didnt go off cause the key hole was used they took their sweet time got everything. Got an aftermarket alarm put on last week an doin this door handle mod next weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.