EGR Block Plate and Spartan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Block Plate and Spartan

I have a Spartan and run the 150 tune...which throws a lot of smoke. This tune also produces some funny exhaust, especially when the waste-gate opens at idle.
I was thinking about going back to 75 or 125, for less smoke and putting in blocker plates. I am worried about all that soot plugging up that stupid egr valve...The day it hits 100,001 miles, those coolers are going away!
Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 07:27 AM

If you already have a tuner and are thinking about deleting the EGR be it with block off plates, plates and a CFM+, or getting rid of the coolers altogether, your warranty is still the same... Why wait for 100,001 miles when you've already tuned/deleted your truck and your warranty means nothing to Ford?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Why wait for 100,001 miles when you've already tuned/deleted your truck and your warranty means nothing to Ford?
B/C ford doesnt know any of that....especially when he puts his DPF and stock tune back onto the truck. The EGR delete is a little more time consuming to install/uninstall.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper09250 View Post
I have a Spartan and run the 150 tune...which throws a lot of smoke. This tune also produces some funny exhaust, especially when the waste-gate opens at idle.
I was thinking about going back to 75 or 125, for less smoke and putting in blocker plates. I am worried about all that soot plugging up that stupid egr valve...The day it hits 100,001 miles, those coolers are going away!
Any thoughts?
Go ahead and do the delete now. Just keep in mind that returing to stock will take you a whole day.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 AM

I run the spartan 275 would I be better to delete the egr or just put in the block plate?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 PM

the 150 tune runs the egr like stock so you don't have to worry about the egr valve getting stuck. but if you want a clean tune jump to the normal 210. It's a real clean tune little smoke and it keeps the egr closed unless at idle then it cycles it.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Do the delete with the elbow. If you allow all that hardware to stay on the engine, you are asking for a leak and possible serious issues. There is no reason not to get rid of it all if you are already playing with DPF and tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.