cummins conversion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cummins conversion

I am toying the thought of doing a 6.7 cummins conversion in my 08 ford here's the questions? Is anyone out here in need of a 6.4 motor? has elite diesel towing twins $2500.00 is what they cost me elite diesel head studs,elite diesel push rods,elite egr delete,elite diesel ported fuel rails, now there is one issue with it the passenger side fuel rail needs to be replaced other then that has new oil lines on top of motor new fuel lines from the hpfp to the heads motor is a reman. warrantied from ford I blew the first one up ford put this motor together for me and installed it! it has a 100,000 mile warranty on it but that will probably be void when pulled from truck the motor has less then 10000 miles on it! I came into some money I want me a cummins so I wanted to see what this motor could bring on here? also have a 5r110 that has 38000 miles on it need to sell it to with out transfer case. now I am wanting to see if theres a market for the motor and tranny and if so what would it be worth? I have the motor almost out of the truck now! so it could be ready to ship in 2 days time! and tranny is ready now! I know this is strange but its not stolen its coming out of my truck i can send photos if needed? if interested let me know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
How come you want to switch? Sounds like you have a nicely built 6.4 motor in the truck now?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Who are you dong the Conversion thru? Looking at teh same thing. Getting tires of piss poor mileage.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Why not a 5.9 instead of the 6.7??
Old 08-24-2011, 10:51 AM

The people at Destroked said the 6.7 can be programmed quite a bit more then the 5.9 but to answer another question I'm doing the conversion buying all the parts through Destroked besides motor and trans. I am tired of the issues that plague any. International motor injector issues the parts are god awful high even at a discount and I really have an issue on not trusting the motor to get me to California and back with out a stop at the ford house! I think it will be a hard time swapping it but I'm up for the challenge! Adapt and overcome! I want better milage better reliability and I have a dodge Durango as a spare the other day I had to buy a part for the thing. I went into the local dodge dealer and there was not one diesel truck in there for service you go to the local ford dealer here in nashville there's a dozen sitting waiting to be worked on! I love ford trucks I have had ten of them all f350 diesels but the issues since the 6.0 are still here and no matter what I do to try to bullet proof it there is always an issue!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Well best of luck and start a build thread, I'd love to follow this build for sure!!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutydixie View Post
Well best of luck and start a build thread, I'd love to follow this build for sure!!
me too!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:38 PM

Seems like an awful lot of work to me but would definitely be a cool build to follow. Why not just trade the F350 in and buy a new Ram 3500? Dodge has definitely stepped up their game in the interior and exterior styling department and they're just as nice as a Lariat or KR model. However, I do not think that the 6.7 Cummins equipped with all the emissions junk is any less prone to issues. Sure, it is easier to work on, since there's a lot of room and it's a simpler, less sophisticated design than the PS but if you go on to Cummins Forum, there are just as many issues with Rams as there are with Super Dutys. Pretty much six of one, half dozen of the other or to each, their own sort of speak... Also, seems like mileage is very similar on these motors. Don't really think it will make that large of a difference for a very long time.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
Dodge has definitely stepped up their game in the interior and exterior styling department and they're just as nice as a Lariat or KR model.
LOL!!!....
Old 08-24-2011, 04:25 PM

I like the new Ram Longhorn interior as well as the new body style. Guess looks is all personal preference but I don't mind them... I'm not a loyal brand ***** and buy what I like...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.