Think i got screwed! what to do from here???? HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Think i got screwed! what to do from here???? HELP

i bought a 2009 ford F250 lariat ccsb with 18171miles on it from a local dealership on 3/08/2011 , they got the truck in on trade 3/5/2011. i went to another local dealership today to maybe trade it in and the saleman comes back out of his office after looking at it and asks me if i knew it was a savage title truck. i about fainted!!!! he printed out the carfax for me, it was a total loss as of 1/13/2011 not even two months before i bought it!
i just looked through my paperwork just to double check and make sure i didnt sign anything about a branded title truck, which i didnt. when i bought the truck they showed me the carfax with nothing on it. the only thing i can think of is that the original owner wrecked it, fixed it, and traded it in before carfax got updated

what can i do???? i called the dealership from where i bought it and they told me to call back monday when the correct people are there to deal with this
I NEED SOME ADVISE GUYS thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

here is a few pics from the day i bought the truck.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Carfax states that they will buy the vehicle back if they missed something on their part. Start poking around with them if it don't go nowhere then contact an attorney that deals with fraud or lemon law, he/she should set you on a right path. Hope everything works out well for you my friend and sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Trade it in already? What are you looking to get out of it?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I doubt total loss body damage could be repaired that fast and you not be able to find evidence of it on the truck. I smell a stolen recovery that didn't turn up until after the insurance had already paid it off. Looks like attorney time.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
Carfax states that they will buy the vehicle back if they missed something on their part. Start poking around with them if it don't go nowhere then contact an attorney that deals with fraud or lemon law, he/she should set you on a right path. Hope everything works out well for you my friend and sorry to hear about your troubles.
it would be hard to prove, i never got a copy of the carfax just saw it on the computer. maybe the dealer kept a copy??
Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
Trade it in already? What are you looking to get out of it?
yeah i have a kid on the way and im trying to get away from the payment. i was looking at a 2007 ccsb chevy 1500.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargar View Post
I doubt total loss body damage could be repaired that fast and you not be able to find evidence of it on the truck. I smell a stolen recovery that didn't turn up until after the insurance had already paid it off. Looks like attorney time.
there are a few signs of repair which i didnt notice till after i got it home. since it didnt show on the carfax and had a clear title i just thought it had a little fender bender and the previous owner had it repaired out of his pocket without reporting it.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
BurninRubber&BlowinSmoke

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It might just be my eyes playin tricks but the front clip looks like a completely different color than the cab & bed. I'm guessing theres your total loss damage. Sounds like a pretty chitty situation, sorry to hear about it bud. I'm with dereku talk to carfax.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well I believe in Iowa a dealer is legally required to tell you that, I have heard of it happening a couple times and usually the dealer tries to tell you they didn't know, Thats BS. As a last resort threaten to take them to court and they will usually work something out. So talk to the dealer you bought it from, go to the top if you can, be courteous and calm, Skip the salesman as he probably doesn't have the power to do much post-sale. (I have seen guys start yelling and cussing people out, And no one is going to do anything to help you if you come off as an *******. Im not saying thats what your going to do, Im just saying.... Been there done that.) I would check the laws before you talk to them, just so you know where you stand. Good luck and let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.